“Great place”

Saratoga Coffee Traders
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Coffee Traders is a great place to spend time with family and friends...relax, and enjoy a great cup of coffee, with some good food. The owners and staff are great!

Date of visit: February 2012

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Real nice coffee cafe in downtown Saratoga Springs, NY. Food and specialty coffee was excellent. Good service, very friendly and cooperative.

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2011

The.Best.Chai.Anywhere. !!!!!!!! having given up on ordering chai out anymore (after the last undrinkable, unfixable one at Villa Italia in Schen) - I thought, "ok, one more try" and I am so glad I did ! I have been back several times since, every time I am in SS for my Chai Fix. They told me to ask for a shot of Vanilla Syrup for the sweetness, not too much ! It sweetens the chai 'just enough' and rounds out the spice notes. SCT is the only establishment to make their chai from scratch and it shows ! So far, I have not tried anything else there, I am usually in a time crunch or have a shelter dog with me (for adoption) so I can't linger long. Nice place out front to people watch on a nice day though !

Date of visit: September 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I enjoy that they sell strong coffee drinks, nothing watery like chain coffeehouses. Its a great place to find fresh, organic, fair trade coffee. The baristas are very friendly and will chat you up.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

The coffee shop scene in Saratoga Springs is quite competitive - so I try to go for the local independents. The size of this place can get frustrating if there are more than 5 people at the register - so that's a turn off (if I see that when i walk in, I know to leave). Service is always kind, however normally it is either a college kid or someone in early twenties and some move fast, others move slow - so again you never know what to expect or when you will get out of there. I'm a "get a coffee and go" guy so that's why this place gets frustrating. The niche they have is "organic" - they base their theme around it and it kind of works. The coffee is good. The selection is good. The food is good (which also carries an organic theme) and you get a well named brand popcorn as a side w/ sandwiches - which i love and think they differentiate well because of this. The problem is getting food - its a small place and if you get a slow worker - it will take awhile. They have 1/3 of the place as a candy shop and I don't understand why they don't keep their core focus and extend that as the coffee shop for more kitchen and coffee prep work - to make things faster. Overall I would recommend, but note its small, food can take awhile, and pricing is considered high.