“Fantastic Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Montclair, New Jersey
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I received excellent service while in town for the annual Dance Flurry Festival. Every person had a smile and was attentive. Having forgotten that I booked the hotel for only one night, several employees went out of their way to assist me so that I did not have to change to another hotel. The beds were comfortable and the pool and jacuzzi rock! Overall, this provided an awesome winter getaway for me and I would definitely return. Mr. Sandagato, Food and Beverage manager, was exceptionally pleasant and outgoing as well as Theresa.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Camarillo, California
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We were in Saratoga Springs for a much-needed weekend getaway. We chose the Hampton Inn because of its proximity to downtown (did not want to drive anywhere) and because of the indoor pool/whirlpool. From the first moment we walked into the hotel to the moment we left, the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Once, we ventured down to the whirlpool to find it was closed for maintenance. The staff offered us a bottle of wine for our inconvenience and contacted us the moment it was reopened. Our room was spotless thanks to the wonderful housekeeping staff. The fruit at the breakfast buffet was actually fresh and delicious. The public spaces are well-designed and decorated, and we enjoyed relaxing in front of the fireplace. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Five of us girls ventured to Saratoga Springs for a "girl's weekend". This hotel was beautiful, very clean, and in the perfect location. We were able to park our car in the parking garage and walk to all the bars and restaurants. The complimentay breakfast was the perfect way to start each of our days. The presenation was wonderful. The selection was perfect. The dining area was very clean and comfortable. Joe Sandagato, F & B manager greeted us each morning with a smile and made us feel right at home. Can't wait to return to this hotel with my husband!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I love this hotel. I had to go to a school conference and made the mistake of booking at the Hilton on Broadway. Due to the snow, we were stuck an extra day and I booked at the Hampton Inn. It’s warm, it’s clean and beautiful. For the same rate as I got for a suite at the Hilton, I had a king bed, microwave, fridge and free wifi. They now have an indoor parking lot which is great for these icy, snow conditions. Beautiful fitness center, nice pool and jacuzzi. Also a great variety in the free breakfast. Waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit, pastries, cereal truly a great spread. Coffee and tea in the lobby and I’m pretty sure they put out complimentary cookies. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. Any time in Saratoga I will stay here, no matter the price. They really decorated the hotel nicely and have kept it looking fresh, they look like they opened yesterday.

• Stayed February 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn with my husband and 7-year-old son who was competing in the NY State Chess Championships, which takes place at the nearby Hilton. The previous year we stayed at the Hilton because we thought it would be convenient, but we hated it, so we decided to try The Hampton Inn. What a good decision that was! Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean and each morning before my son headed off for a tough day of competition there was a fabulous FREE hot breakfast of bacon, waffles, muffins, yogurt, you name it, waiting for him in the hotel lounge. And at night when he was exhausted it was such a nice haven to come back to. The front desk clerk even re-opened the hotel shop after hours so we could buy milk and cookies for bedtime. He's competing again this February and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Saratoga Springs for two days in January 2011. Overall, we very impressed and it exceeded our expectations. The staff -- particularly at the front desk -- is superb: very friendly, helpful, courteous, and professional. The entire hotel seems new, clean, and well-maintained. All-in-all, excellent.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed here in conjunction with a seminar. VERY Good faciltiy for both presenter and attendees.

Parking garage good for security and avoiding winter weather. Meeting room well-lit and accomodating to presentation, etc. Attendees in room from 8 -5 each day and comfortably able to have books open on desks etc, read, hear and not be too hot or cold, etc. Good projection equipment but really do wish I'd had walk around mic for talking all day.

Guest room slept well. Interestingly deep, though. TV seemed too far away from the bed to hear well. Good wired internet connection.

Suggestion on the bathroom; put things one might forget to take into shower close to shower. Didn't like tryign to walk on tile floor (yes, I'd put down the bathmat) across to toilet to get towel I'd forgot to hang on shower door. Or better yet, have maids put fresh town on shower door and shampoo in the shower each day when cleaning the room.

But, this is a great place and I'd stay here again and hold a seminar here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business