“Best place to stay in Saratoga”

Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Hampton Inn is located just a block away from the shops and restaurants on Broadway and the bars of Caroline Street, making it the perfect place to stay when in Saratoga. The hotel is new and clean, and the staff is very welcoming and accommodating. Parking in a covered garage is included as well as breakfast and 24-hour coffee and tea. The breakfast has a lot of options - fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, granola, waffles, home fries, egg and cheese omelets, muffins, juice, etc. The hotel also has a hot tub, pool, and workout room. Definitely a great value in the heart of Saratoga!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeR81
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review and your loyalty....we appreciate it!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been coming to Saratoga Springs each summer since 2009. Every time we come, this has been the hotel we want to be at because it is such a beautiful hotel and the location is so close to everything we want to do. Plus, we love Hampton Inns. The staff members have also been great and friendly. However, every time we stay here we have the same problem: the water. I am not sure if the water is too hard, too soft, or too filtered, but it leaves your skin feeling so slimy. It seriously takes us 45 minutes in the shower because you keep thinking if you stay there in the water long enough the soap will rinse off. After every shower, though, you still feel itchy and soapy. Other hotels in Saratoga do not have the same problem, so it is something related to the water systems in this hotel. We have mentioned this problem to the staff each time we have stayed here and nothing has been done to change it. The “newness” of the hotel is also starting to fade away which was evidenced by the several stains all over the carpet in our room and the mold in the tracks of the shower doors. While these things are smaller issues that can be addressed with routine updating, I do not think we will be staying at this Hampton when we return to Saratoga Springs until they can remedy the water issue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie M

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize that you are not happy with our water here at the hotel. As you may know Saratoga has minerals in the water and makes it necessary for us to have a water softener in order for the pipes to remain in working condition. We have confirmed with our chemical company and our water softener manufacturer that everything is set and in proper working condition. We are continually trying to keep the hotel looking fresh and new for our guests every day and have a team that really cares. We take your comments very seriously and discuss and move forward with action plans regularly. I am sorry to see that you won't be staying with us again and hope you decide to give us another chance. Thank you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had my friend's bachelorette party in Saratoga Springs and had a wonderful time despite the cold and rainy weather. This hotel is in a great location, only one block away from the main drag and the farmer's market. It has free guest parking and there is a parking lot across the street where an additional person parked. We got a double queen suite with an attached balcony. I was a bit concerned because we had to sign a noise ordinance agreement (I stay at Hampton Inns all the time and never had to do this) and since we were a bachelorette party I knew there were times we might get loud. However, we didn't have a problem so either the rooms next to us were understanding or empty or we weren't as loud as I anticipated. The lounge and public areas of the hotel are super impressive and very high class for a Hampton Inn. The breakfast was typical but I loved the addition of fresh seasonal berries in addition to the other foods Hampton Inns always have. I also loved the gym; it was bigger than most Hampton Inns and had multiple machines. My only complaint is that the maid service did not come after our first night, which you can imagine was quite a hindrance with 5 girls and a bit of trash from the festivities the night before. We were gone the second day until 2 p.m. and when we got back it seemed as if the housekeeping staff had only just started cleaning the floor. I understand they are busy but even after pulling the Do Not Disturb sign off the door when we left for the day we at least expected them to come in and empty the trash and replace towels. I'm sure it made their job the next day difficult. Otherwise a great stay and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review....and thank you for the feedback on the housekeeping service. Our team is here until at least 4:30pm and I apologize if your room wasn't made up. They scan the halls for Do Not Disturb signs to be removed and I can assure you that we clean our rooms thoroughly and this was an oversight. We hope that you come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

From check in to check out, the competent staff made sure that all our needs were met. The rooms were wonderful, the food never left you hungary and as good as the amenities were, the service was better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your excellent review and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

In my experience, Hampton Inns have always been consistent and offer superior service for the business traveler. However, the Hampton Inn & Suites in Saratoga Springs goes above and beyond. There is a secure covered parking garage for guests - you use your hotel key card to gain access to the garage. The rooms are large and comfortable. The lobby is a bit more upscale than the traditional Hampton Inn, but that is most likely due to the Saratoga Springs location. What really knocked my socks off was the breakfast options in the morning as several different varieties of yogurt were offered, including greek yogurt which made my morning each day. The hotel is within walking distance of Main Street (Rt 15) in Saratoga Springs so there are multiple restaurants, a fantastic coffee shop and cute shops within a stone's throw.

I had a fantastic stay at the hotel, but the only slight negative I had was the rather abrupt check-in process and the customer service representative who was facilitating the process. The check-in process took all of 90 seconds, but the agent helping me was not courteous and I may have caught her on a bad day. However, the staff overall were very pleasant and helpful so the check-in experience was a minor blip.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank schnauzermom05

Thank you for your great review and feedback. I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate all feedback from our guests. We strive for consistent friendly guest service and I apologize regarding your check-in process. I can assure you that this is not an ordinary occurrence and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was never a Hampton Inn traveler. As a matter of fact, I was relatively loyal to another, non Hilton brand.

I visited Saratoga Springs last Spring to conduct some historic research on the rich history of this charming town. I didnt know what to expect in the way of hotels and I really didnt want to be disappointed, so I spent a decent about of time researching. This hotel kept coming up as a top choice, so I went with it.

Wow - is THIS a Hampton Inn?? That was my thought when I walked in. I even called a friend to express my surpise and share some photos on the iphone.The lobby was so special - really felt like a resort in a vacation destination. Everything was sparkly and new. The rooms were a delight. The location was great - walkable to the main street with restaurants and shops. On Saturday morning I woke up and went out for a walk, only to find that the farmers maket was in sull swing across from the hotel and people were out enjoying the morning...fresh fruit and veggies, flowers, baked goods, coffee and general good times. I was also able to walk to several of the springs. I parked my car on the day of my arrival and never used it again until I departed several days later. I believe parking was free for guests. I went out each evening and felt completely safe walking to and from this location. Front desk was very professional and friendly. There is a beautiful little "spring" fountain out in front. I'd definitely stay here again and this stay won me back to the Hilton brand, where I am now enjoing Gold status.

Room Tip: For a really special stay, see if yo ucan get one of the balconied rooms on the corners.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bluwater11

Thank you for your review and we are so happy to have you as a loyal HHonors guest again!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My choice was determined by reading Trip Advisor reviews and also by the types of rooms available. I was attending a professional meeting. She is receiving medical treatment that makes her tire easily. The suite we occupied had a enough a separate area where I could work without disturbing her. It also had a outdoor balcony with enabled her to easily enjoy the weather. The breakfast was good and the coffee always available was better than most restaurants. I've never stayed anyplace where the staff, from the people at the front desk, to the breakfast area, to the grounds people were so uniformly friendly and obviously happy at their jobs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

It's so nice to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay for different reasons! Thank you for your wonderful comments and I will share your review with the team because they truly do care!