Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Home run!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

In my experience, Hampton Inns have always been consistent and offer superior service for the business traveler. However, the Hampton Inn & Suites in Saratoga Springs goes above and beyond. There is a secure covered parking garage for guests - you use your hotel key card to gain access to the garage. The rooms are large and comfortable. The lobby is a bit more upscale than the traditional Hampton Inn, but that is most likely due to the Saratoga Springs location. What really knocked my socks off was the breakfast options in the morning as several different varieties of yogurt were offered, including greek yogurt which made my morning each day. The hotel is within walking distance of Main Street (Rt 15) in Saratoga Springs so there are multiple restaurants, a fantastic coffee shop and cute shops within a stone's throw.

I had a fantastic stay at the hotel, but the only slight negative I had was the rather abrupt check-in process and the customer service representative who was facilitating the process. The check-in process took all of 90 seconds, but the agent helping me was not courteous and I may have caught her on a bad day. However, the staff overall were very pleasant and helpful so the check-in experience was a minor blip.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank schnauzermom05
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your great review and feedback. I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate all feedback from our guests. We strive for consistent friendly guest service and I apologize regarding your check-in process. I can assure you that this is not an ordinary occurrence and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Dresher, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was never a Hampton Inn traveler. As a matter of fact, I was relatively loyal to another, non Hilton brand.

I visited Saratoga Springs last Spring to conduct some historic research on the rich history of this charming town. I didnt know what to expect in the way of hotels and I really didnt want to be disappointed, so I spent a decent about of time researching. This hotel kept coming up as a top choice, so I went with it.

Wow - is THIS a Hampton Inn?? That was my thought when I walked in. I even called a friend to express my surpise and share some photos on the iphone.The lobby was so special - really felt like a resort in a vacation destination. Everything was sparkly and new. The rooms were a delight. The location was great - walkable to the main street with restaurants and shops. On Saturday morning I woke up and went out for a walk, only to find that the farmers maket was in sull swing across from the hotel and people were out enjoying the morning...fresh fruit and veggies, flowers, baked goods, coffee and general good times. I was also able to walk to several of the springs. I parked my car on the day of my arrival and never used it again until I departed several days later. I believe parking was free for guests. I went out each evening and felt completely safe walking to and from this location. Front desk was very professional and friendly. There is a beautiful little "spring" fountain out in front. I'd definitely stay here again and this stay won me back to the Hilton brand, where I am now enjoing Gold status.

Room Tip: For a really special stay, see if yo ucan get one of the balconied rooms on the corners.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bluwater11
Thank you for your review and we are so happy to have you as a loyal HHonors guest again!!
Long Island, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My choice was determined by reading Trip Advisor reviews and also by the types of rooms available. I was attending a professional meeting. She is receiving medical treatment that makes her tire easily. The suite we occupied had a enough a separate area where I could work without disturbing her. It also had a outdoor balcony with enabled her to easily enjoy the weather. The breakfast was good and the coffee always available was better than most restaurants. I've never stayed anyplace where the staff, from the people at the front desk, to the breakfast area, to the grounds people were so uniformly friendly and obviously happy at their jobs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
It's so nice to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay for different reasons! Thank you for your wonderful comments and I will share your review with the team because they truly do care!
South Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Usually stay at an other large chain hotel in Saratoga, but wanted to try something different. Our room was spotless and the beds were comfy, beautifully decor, great in town location, you can walk to anything downtown from here. There was a farmers market just down the block. I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the review. We look forward to accommodating you again soon!
New York
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed one night last week. Super clean, comfortable beds and bedding, nice bathroom amenities, helpful staff attractive building overall and conveniently right in town so easy walking distance to some very good restaurants and shops. Free breakfast and the coffee was pretty good considering. Room had a fridge and microwave as well. I didn't need them but a plus for someone who does. Indoor pool looked great - didn't use it but it didn't reek of chlorine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for such a nice review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 3, 2013

well kept, like new. spacious. attentive service and short walking distance to main street.

breakfast room was bright, sunny and well furnished, with free coffee and tea provided through the day. food was not that great but ok. only wish they would be more environmentally friendly by not using styrofoam plates and cutlery.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel! I would like to let you know that the plates, cups and cutlery is not styrofoam. It is actually a biodegradable product called Taterware. It is environmentally friendly! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very pleased with the hotel location, proximity to restaurants, and overall appearance, cleanliness, staff. Overall I had an excellent experience and highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Saratoga Springs area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review and for being a loyal guest!