“This hotel changed my mind about Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was never a Hampton Inn traveler. As a matter of fact, I was relatively loyal to another, non Hilton brand.

I visited Saratoga Springs last Spring to conduct some historic research on the rich history of this charming town. I didnt know what to expect in the way of hotels and I really didnt want to be disappointed, so I spent a decent about of time researching. This hotel kept coming up as a top choice, so I went with it.

Wow - is THIS a Hampton Inn?? That was my thought when I walked in. I even called a friend to express my surpise and share some photos on the iphone.The lobby was so special - really felt like a resort in a vacation destination. Everything was sparkly and new. The rooms were a delight. The location was great - walkable to the main street with restaurants and shops. On Saturday morning I woke up and went out for a walk, only to find that the farmers maket was in sull swing across from the hotel and people were out enjoying the morning...fresh fruit and veggies, flowers, baked goods, coffee and general good times. I was also able to walk to several of the springs. I parked my car on the day of my arrival and never used it again until I departed several days later. I believe parking was free for guests. I went out each evening and felt completely safe walking to and from this location. Front desk was very professional and friendly. There is a beautiful little "spring" fountain out in front. I'd definitely stay here again and this stay won me back to the Hilton brand, where I am now enjoing Gold status.

Room Tip: For a really special stay, see if yo ucan get one of the balconied rooms on the corners.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bluwater11
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are so happy to have you as a loyal HHonors guest again!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My choice was determined by reading Trip Advisor reviews and also by the types of rooms available. I was attending a professional meeting. She is receiving medical treatment that makes her tire easily. The suite we occupied had a enough a separate area where I could work without disturbing her. It also had a outdoor balcony with enabled her to easily enjoy the weather. The breakfast was good and the coffee always available was better than most restaurants. I've never stayed anyplace where the staff, from the people at the front desk, to the breakfast area, to the grounds people were so uniformly friendly and obviously happy at their jobs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

It's so nice to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay for different reasons! Thank you for your wonderful comments and I will share your review with the team because they truly do care!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Usually stay at an other large chain hotel in Saratoga, but wanted to try something different. Our room was spotless and the beds were comfy, beautifully decor, great in town location, you can walk to anything downtown from here. There was a farmers market just down the block. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the review. We look forward to accommodating you again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed one night last week. Super clean, comfortable beds and bedding, nice bathroom amenities, helpful staff attractive building overall and conveniently right in town so easy walking distance to some very good restaurants and shops. Free breakfast and the coffee was pretty good considering. Room had a fridge and microwave as well. I didn't need them but a plus for someone who does. Indoor pool looked great - didn't use it but it didn't reek of chlorine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for such a nice review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

well kept, like new. spacious. attentive service and short walking distance to main street.

breakfast room was bright, sunny and well furnished, with free coffee and tea provided through the day. food was not that great but ok. only wish they would be more environmentally friendly by not using styrofoam plates and cutlery.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel! I would like to let you know that the plates, cups and cutlery is not styrofoam. It is actually a biodegradable product called Taterware. It is environmentally friendly! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very pleased with the hotel location, proximity to restaurants, and overall appearance, cleanliness, staff. Overall I had an excellent experience and highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Saratoga Springs area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review and for being a loyal guest!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hampton Inn got everything right with this hotel. From the moment we walked through the door, nothing was too much trouble for the fine staff of this hotel. We were promptly greeted, check in and had all our questions answered in a friendly manner. The decor and style of the hotel almost had us convinced we were at a resort rather than a hotel chain. The rooms are spacious, clean, modern, quiet and oh so comfortable. The breakfast was the best we have experienced at any hotel offering complimentary free breakfast. There was an outstanding variety of breakfast foods, no one could possibly leave hungary or disappointed. Our only regret was we were only staying for one night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy K

From all of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we want to thank you for such a wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed our amenities and services and look forward to your return.