“Great new choice.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Burlington, Vermont
“Great new choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just one block from Broadway this relatively new hotel (4 years) is not your typical Hampton Inn.
From lobby up through to rooms, it is spacious and modern and more typical of the higher range hotels - many of which it would put to shame.
Staff very pleasant, prices very reasonable,has own indoor parking garage and didn't charge extra for parking or WiFi - none of the 'nickel-and-dime' approach I've had elsewhere - and, of course, a breakfast.
Not sure why anyone would stay elsewhere in this area bless you're looking to be pampered in a high end inn; certain of which have reached their sell by date if TI reviews have anything to go by.

I look forward to staying here when I next visit the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hello and thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! It's nice to receive such positive feedback and share it with the team at our daily meetings. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We just returned from Saratoga Springs where we stayed 1 night at the Hampton Inn and Suites. We were pleased.
Room was large and clean. Bathroom was large as well but our room did not have a tub-just a full size walk in shower. If you are traveling with people who prefer to take baths you may want to check when you book to make sure your room will have one.
I found the bed to be harder than I am used to and woke up a little sore. My husband thought it was comfortable!
Check-in was a breeze and the staff were very friendly.
Parking is in a garage attached to the back of the hotel. If you have a lot of luggage/things to bring to room I would suggest doing so when you check in so you don't have to schlep it in from the parking garage.
Location is GREAT. 2 blocks from Broadway, the main shopping/dining street in Saratoga Springs. Plenty of great restaurants in walking distance of hotel.
The free breakfast was better than average - bacon, home fries, eggs, waffles, hot oatmeal, pastries/breads.
We did not use pool but it looked really nice.
Overall we were pleased and will plan to stay here when we return to Saratoga Springs!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We really appreciate your comments regarding our hotel as we strive to make everyone feel "at home". We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, just one block from the main street of Saratoga Springs. We were able to easily walk to dinner and shopping. The hotel does not feel like a typical chain; the architecture is lovely. We found our room to be clean and comfortable. There is a very nice pool and jacuzzi area, parking garage for cars, and a warm and inviting lounge/breakfast area. We would not hesitate to return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KKZim
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank your for the wonderful review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I was concerned about location, as I was traveling without a car. This location was perfect--convenient to walk into town, to the race track, down the beautiful main street to Skidmore College. The hotel was beautiful and the room clean and comfortable. I was bothered by the noise of a generator, and the front desk offered to either move me or reduce the price--great professionalism. I often stay at Hampton Inns and was very pleased here.

Stayed July 2012
Nancy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your comments with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took care of the challenges you had with noise. We hope to see you back again soon!
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a treat to stay here. One of the nicest Hamptons of the many that I've stayed in. I live in the Saratoga area, but far enough away that I didn't want to drive home after a very late meeting and then back for a very early meeting the next day. So I indulged and stayed the night. Was wishing that I could have stayed longer! The hotel is very modern, clean and up to date. The room was very comfortable and had plenty of room, though it seemed like it might be one of the smaller rooms in the building. The bathroom was clean and spacious, though no tub.

The room also had a nice balcony that I didn't really get to enjoy during my short stay. I was concerned that the room overlooked the street and a big city parking area. But I couldn't hear any noise once the patio door was closed. The pool and spa looked inviting, though I didn't have time to take advantage. Nor did I really take a good look at the breakfast options. Just grabbed coffee and a banana to go.

I appreciated the hotel parking very much. It's always a challenge to find parking in Saratoga during a big conference. What a treat to know my car was safely and legally parked away under cover. No parking tickets for me!

And of course the hotel is in handy walking distance to all of downtown Saratoga. Lots of great restaurants and shops. And just down a small hill from the conference center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ldygrdnr
hstraughter, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We are always happy to have "locals" stay with us and enjoy the treats that our visitors typically enjoy! We appreciate the 5 star review and hope that we can serve you again!
Jericho, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by Hampton Inn & Suites in Saratoga Springs. It's very clean, in the heart of downtown and within walking distance of all the shops, bars and restaurants. All the staff is absolutely wonderful.

The COMPLIMENTARY breakfast was awesome.Great variety with fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, mini omelettes (although I wasnt crazy about those), home fries, 4 kinds of juices, toast, bagels, etc etc etc. Did I mention they also had a Make-Your-Own-Waffle station!! They also offer Coffee/Tea/Hot Apple Cider 24/7 and sometimes fresh chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.

Our room was awesome. Very clean, everything is nice and new, and the bed and pillows were SO comfortable. In general, the whole hotel is very nicely decorated, always very clean. Although I didn't use them, the pool and hot tub looked really nice.

I really cannot say enough great things about this place. Do yourself a favor and stay here! You won't regret it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for giving us a five star review! We are very appreciative when our guests share their experiences with others! We are thrilled you had a great stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here around Thanksgiving 2012. The hotel is in a fantastic location - very close to the restaurants and shops on Broadway, the bars on Caroline Street and a quick walk to Congress Park. They also offer free parking (a boon in Saratoga Springs!) that is attached to the hotel along with WiFi, complimentary breakfast and Pool/Whirlpool facilities.

I want to underscore that my room and the hotel was incredibly clean - it's obvious that someone is paying attention to housekeeping and overall appearance. That fact alone makes it worth the few extra dollars over some of the other hotels in the area.

I had a really sore back from driving a lot my first day, so I spent a lot of time in the pool/whirlpool and I was very impressed how clean and orderly the pool area was! Likewise, the lobby area is beautiful and has a very nice lounge area with fireplace, couches, etc. I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the lounge, but it was a nice little place to retreat to at night :)

My only complaint was the staff - both the day and the night shift were pretty flaky and not really helpful, and were a bit rude when I checked in. I noticed this wasn't just with me - other people seemed to have the same issue. Instead of asking them for help with directions or restaurant locations, I found it infinitely more helpful to just consult google. It's a minor detail - I didn't have to interact with them much, but, sort of disappointing.

Also, the hotel room I had didn't have a bathtub, there was a shower though. While this wasn't a huge issue (and I certainly didn't request it), it was just sort of surprising given the fact it's a Hampton. If you have kids or really want a bathtub to soak in, you might want to mention that when booking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are happy that for the most part you had a pleasant stay. We appreciate the compliments and the honesty. I was quite disappointed to hear that our staff did not meet your expectations during your stay and will be sharing your review with all managers at our weekly meeting. We are certainly thankful for all our customers and our goal is to make them feel that way. I am sorry that we fell short during your stay. We hope you will return and stay with us again.