“Clean, comfortable and convenient”

Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
new york
“Clean, comfortable and convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a treat to stay here. One of the nicest Hamptons of the many that I've stayed in. I live in the Saratoga area, but far enough away that I didn't want to drive home after a very late meeting and then back for a very early meeting the next day. So I indulged and stayed the night. Was wishing that I could have stayed longer! The hotel is very modern, clean and up to date. The room was very comfortable and had plenty of room, though it seemed like it might be one of the smaller rooms in the building. The bathroom was clean and spacious, though no tub.

The room also had a nice balcony that I didn't really get to enjoy during my short stay. I was concerned that the room overlooked the street and a big city parking area. But I couldn't hear any noise once the patio door was closed. The pool and spa looked inviting, though I didn't have time to take advantage. Nor did I really take a good look at the breakfast options. Just grabbed coffee and a banana to go.

I appreciated the hotel parking very much. It's always a challenge to find parking in Saratoga during a big conference. What a treat to know my car was safely and legally parked away under cover. No parking tickets for me!

And of course the hotel is in handy walking distance to all of downtown Saratoga. Lots of great restaurants and shops. And just down a small hill from the conference center.

1 Thank ldygrdnr
hstraughter, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We are always happy to have "locals" stay with us and enjoy the treats that our visitors typically enjoy! We appreciate the 5 star review and hope that we can serve you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Jericho, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by Hampton Inn & Suites in Saratoga Springs. It's very clean, in the heart of downtown and within walking distance of all the shops, bars and restaurants. All the staff is absolutely wonderful.

The COMPLIMENTARY breakfast was awesome.Great variety with fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, mini omelettes (although I wasnt crazy about those), home fries, 4 kinds of juices, toast, bagels, etc etc etc. Did I mention they also had a Make-Your-Own-Waffle station!! They also offer Coffee/Tea/Hot Apple Cider 24/7 and sometimes fresh chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.

Our room was awesome. Very clean, everything is nice and new, and the bed and pillows were SO comfortable. In general, the whole hotel is very nicely decorated, always very clean. Although I didn't use them, the pool and hot tub looked really nice.

I really cannot say enough great things about this place. Do yourself a favor and stay here! You won't regret it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for giving us a five star review! We are very appreciative when our guests share their experiences with others! We are thrilled you had a great stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here around Thanksgiving 2012. The hotel is in a fantastic location - very close to the restaurants and shops on Broadway, the bars on Caroline Street and a quick walk to Congress Park. They also offer free parking (a boon in Saratoga Springs!) that is attached to the hotel along with WiFi, complimentary breakfast and Pool/Whirlpool facilities.

I want to underscore that my room and the hotel was incredibly clean - it's obvious that someone is paying attention to housekeeping and overall appearance. That fact alone makes it worth the few extra dollars over some of the other hotels in the area.

I had a really sore back from driving a lot my first day, so I spent a lot of time in the pool/whirlpool and I was very impressed how clean and orderly the pool area was! Likewise, the lobby area is beautiful and has a very nice lounge area with fireplace, couches, etc. I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the lounge, but it was a nice little place to retreat to at night :)

My only complaint was the staff - both the day and the night shift were pretty flaky and not really helpful, and were a bit rude when I checked in. I noticed this wasn't just with me - other people seemed to have the same issue. Instead of asking them for help with directions or restaurant locations, I found it infinitely more helpful to just consult google. It's a minor detail - I didn't have to interact with them much, but, sort of disappointing.

Also, the hotel room I had didn't have a bathtub, there was a shower though. While this wasn't a huge issue (and I certainly didn't request it), it was just sort of surprising given the fact it's a Hampton. If you have kids or really want a bathtub to soak in, you might want to mention that when booking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are happy that for the most part you had a pleasant stay. We appreciate the compliments and the honesty. I was quite disappointed to hear that our staff did not meet your expectations during your stay and will be sharing your review with all managers at our weekly meeting. We are certainly thankful for all our customers and our goal is to make them feel that way. I am sorry that we fell short during your stay. We hope you will return and stay with us again.
Cooperstown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Pleasantly surprised by this newer Hampton Inn. Tastefully decorated, good size rooms and spotless.Staff very nice. Breakfast in am not your typical frozen pastries, but a full buffet, with plenty of room. Walking distance to great restaurants and broadway shopping. Will definetly come back when track is open.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We try to make each guest's experience as perfect as possible and are thrilled you enjoyed yourself! We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a small family reunion at this hotel. It was a great experience. The staff was wonderful and the hotel was the cleanest hotel that I've been in. We had one suite and two regular rooms housing six adults and five kid ranging in age from 4 to 11. Somewhat more local folks came to visit adding four more adults and one kid of 2.
We all spent a lot of time in the pool and had a great time.
We asked where we should go for dinner with 10 adults and six kids and the staff suggested that we use part of the breakfast room and they also came up with a decent pizza place that delvered.
The staff helped set up the room, provided plates and cups and helped with the clean up.

The hotel location is prefect in that it is downtown and one can walk to shops, places to eat and a number of attractions.

Finally, the AC and heat are central and are not the usual hotel fair of the noisy units that sit under the window.

The only reason it is not a "5" is the traffic noise and to less degree the folks wandering around the outside late into the night being loud. Ear plugs worked for me.

We will be back.

Room Tip: My wife and I liked the one bedroom suite. The standard room did seem a bit small but these also ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DWS42
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We look forward to you visiting us again!
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night for business. At first I was disappointed because my room was on the second floor near the meeting rooms, a loud vending machine, and right over the driveway. I was exhausted and was afraid the location would be noisy. But it was very quiet - once I closed the door, I couldn't hear the vending machine at all.

The beds and covers were cozy, the bathroom counter was large, and the fridge and microwave were convenient. My one complaint about the room was that it was too hot, and I get cold easily. I set the temperature to 65, and I was still hot. During the night the temperature setting rose to a reading of 71. The temperature outside was in the 50s, so the hotel is definitely losing money in over heating.

Unlike other Hampton Inns I've been in, the breakfast room(s) were plenty big to handle the crowds. Breakfast itself had lots of choices, including hot oatmeal not from a packet. The area consists of several rooms with choices of tables, arm chairs or couches. There is a fireplace and some big TVs. The area is very cozy and comfortable - I hung out there for a couple of hours while waiting for a meeting. The only problem is that they played music in the area the whole evening, often annoying pop music. Why do places feel they need to have music playing all the time? With music, and people talking, and a football game on TV, the sound got to be too much.

The covered parking is a benefit in bad weather, but several people commented on the maze to get in. You need a room key AND a parking permit, a room key to get to the elevator, and then the elevator to the lobby to get back up to your room.

The location is in downtown Saratoga, an easy walk to shops and restaurants. Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hstraughter, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you had a positive experience and enjoyed our breakfast area. We tried to make it comfortable and cozy for our guests to enjoy! We will look into the heating issues you mentioned. Thank you for pointing it out to us. We hope to see you again!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns and hands down this one was the nicest one I've ever stayed in. Great service, excellent location, and the manager was AWESOME! I will stay here without a doubt any time I am near to be near Saratoga Springs. I think my favorite part was I didn't need to drive anywhere. Shops, restaurants and parks are easily accessible. A great place to stay for business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are thrilled that you had such a positive stay with us and in our city! Saratoga Springs is such a gem and we are proud to be a part of the vibrant community! We look forward to seeing you again!