All reviews restaurant next door indoor pool no elevator room key stayed one night room was clean adjacent restaurant serves breakfast and lunch very nice hotel front desk staff within walking distance great place to stay would stay here again convenient location three nights discount bw
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I are snowmobilers and visit the ADK many times a year. This year we wanted to snowmobile around the lake placid and Saranac area. Presidents Day weekend is insanely busy in that area. We made this decision kindve late in the game and when I started calling the area there was no vacancy! I called so many hotels and air bnbs and couldn’t find anything. The main issue was that we have a dog so I was calling all the dog friendly hotels which limited our choices even more, although the ADK region is extremely dog friendly compared to others. I gave up and figured we wouldn’t be going anymore. The next day I tried one more...The Best Western in Saranac, which we’ve passed many of times but forgot about it. Well, let me say, Kevin at the front desk was probably the most accommodating hotel interaction I’ve ever had!! I told him about our puppy and how long we would be there. He said “give me a minute” I’ll make this work! He found us one of their dog friendly rooms that was right near the back door so we could take him outside easily. He gave us a cheaper price than AAA and only charged us 1 Day pet fee. I was so happy!!
We arrived and were so pleasantly surprised by the updated decor (we’ve stayed at Best western in Lake Placid and while the view can’t be beat, they need a major over haul, place is getting run down).
The rooms were clean, spacious and the staff was so friendly!!! Their indooor pool was so clean and spa like. They even left it open a little longer for us.
We went to breakfast every morning at Mackenzies grill right out front, (you can walk to it, it shares the same parking lot) where you get a discount with your hotel stay. Cozy ADK vibe as you stare across the stree at Lake Flower. The snowmobile trail is directly behind the hotel do we were able to jump on and ride off into the wintry abiss. They also allowed to park our sled trailer in the lot, how nice!
I highly recommended this place for comfort, price and convenience to the area. We were treated wonderfully! Can’t say anything but good things! Thank you Best Western of Saranac Lake!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Heather L, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Saranac Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel!! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your whole experience here! It is the goal of everyone here to ensure that anyone who comes to visit us is as happy and comfortable as possible during their stays here with us! As for the pet we are all animal lovers so we love that we can provide a nice place for people to come with their animals. We love sharing our beautiful area with everyone who comes to visit, it is lovely that you and your husband had such a wonderful time here! We sincerely hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Best Western Saranac Lake for our son's hockey tournament in January. Staff was very helpful, our room was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect - very close to Lake Placid. We enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! During this time of year we see a lot of hockey teams and we love having you! We love sharing our beautiful area with everyone who comes to visit it. It is always the goal of everyone here to ensure that all of our guest are as happy and comfortable as possible during their stays here with us, so we love getting feedback to ensure this goal! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 15, 2019

My, husband just spent three nights at the Best Western Saranac Lake. Our usual experience in our stays there has not changed. It's very clean, it's comfortable, the staff (desk, housekeeping, and maintenance) are extremely friendly, and it's a good value for the price.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Susan2532
Heather L, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Saranac Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2019

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We greatly appreciate your feedback, everyone here is always striving to ensure that all of our guests are as happy and comfortable as possible! We love sharing our area with everyone who comes to visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 4, 2019

We stayed here for the ice castle beginning weekend this year.
Turned out that we had eight people for this trip.
Everyone was pleased with their rooms and the staff was great.
Check in was quick and easy.
The indoor pool was nice after being out in the very cold snowy weather this year.
Beds were very nice and plenty of towels.

The only problem was the lack of an elevator to get to the second floor.

Breakfast and lunch was available at the McKenzies grill on the property and offer
a discount for those staying at the hotel which was nice

Room tip: No elevator to the second floor if you can't climb the stairs.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Heather L, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Saranac Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! Winter Carnival here is always a crazy time and we all love sharing it with everyone who like to come and enjoy the fun festivities with us! Everyone here is always striving to ensure that all of our guests are as happy and comfortable as possible during their stays here with us and I am so pleased to hear that, that was achieved during your stay with us. We all sincerely hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2019

I was traveling with another businss associate. We would stay at this hotel again. A winter night in the North County, staff was helpful and a great shower! Hope the same staff is on hand next visit to the area.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heather L, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Saranac Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel Harold. It is the goal of everyone here to try and ensure that all of our guests are as happy and comfortable as possible during their stays here with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the area as well. We all love sharing our beautiful surroundings with everyone who wishes to come. We are all looking forward to your next visit!