Gauthier’s is a friendly, affordable, family-run place. It is essentially a motel, with the added extra of free unlimited access to their quality boats (kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats) for use on the lake right behind the motel.
Our room at Gauthier’s was clean and basic. I found the beds to be OK, although my wife found them uncomfortable. Amenities were skimpy, but staff was happy to provide things when asked. Maid service was a little weak (didn’t replace soap or empty garbage).
Rooms are listed as “poolside” or “lakeside.” Our room was “poolside,” and although it was near the pool, it was even nearer to the parking lot, and so there wasn’t much privacy. (This is not unlike many of the motels in this area.) Considering the setup, though, it was relatively quiet. It does seem that the “lakeside” rooms are much better in this respect, but they are more expensive.
The free, easy access to Lake Flower is a big perk. You can just sit and relax by the Lake or use one of their boats.
Overall, this is a good choice if you need a simple, well-located base for your time in the Lake Placid / Saranac Lake area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Adirondack Waterfront Saranac Lake's only GREEN lodging property- Offering waterfront accommodations on Lake Flower In Saranac Lake with access to over 30 miles of Adirondack waterways, including Upper, Middle, and Lower Saranac Lakes. Walk to shopping, dining, galleries, and enjoy our events; including the entertainment in neighboring Lake Placid NY. Only 20 minutes to Whiteface Mountain, where you'll find year round activities! Stay GREEN in the Adirondacks - Rated a Platinum Property by Audubon International's Eco Lodging Program - the highest designation possible, 1 of only 8 in North America. Saranac Lake Inn is committed to a new vision, fresh eco-conscious perspective, attention to detail and style, and a welcoming environment for our guest's from our family owned and operated lodge. Our rooms have been remodeled, redressed, and recycled with the environment in mind! The Adirondacks Recreation Resort Our focus is all about our guest's experience and making Adirondack recreation accessible. We provide a large variety of amenities and perks to help complete your trip; to make it easy for you to try a new activity while on vacation. Kayaks, bicycles, canoes, tennis, snowshoes and ice skating complementary with your stay- Just to name a few! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gauthier`s Saranac Lake Hotel Saranac Lake
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Hotel
- Gauthiers Saranac Lake Motel