Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Saranac Lake(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
BestWestern.com
Adirondack Motel(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$85
Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$105
Agoda.com
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$303
Lake Placid Lodge(Lake Placid)
$599
The Point(Saranac Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Lake Flower Inn(Saranac Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewspaddle boatslife jacketschecking outbeds were comfortablethe staff was friendly and helpfulcasa del solfamily runflat screen tvadirondack chairsshort drivebalconylakemotelbicyclesadirondacksecomicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2009

wonderful service(great Northern hospitality), nice location(within 1/2 drive to most of the attraction in the area), awesome pricing. We took advantage of the free canoe/fishing rod every day, rain or shine, and we loved it, especially my 5 yr old.

if you're looking for a luxury resort with a spa/fine dining/night club...etc, this is probably not the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank soundtweakers
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The last person to review this place stayed close to around the same time we did and for the life of me cannot understand their poor review of this place. The two brothers that run the place were amazingly friendly. In fact, one of the brothers visited with me for about an hour just talking to me about the area and things to see and do, etc, etc. But, aside from that there were so many pluses to this Inn that I don't even know where to begin, but I will give it a good shot...
First of all, the reservation process was wonderful and very personable. I work in the hotel industry and work in a huge hotel in a downtown area and feel like I have some "room" to be a critic. After we made our reservation, about one week later we received a HAND written letter thanking us for our business and confirming all of the details of our reservations. Later, I had to cancel one of our rooms and when I called to do this, it was as if they knew exactly who we were and were very friendly about cancelling our reservation and they did not charges us for cancelling even though their policy was to do so if we cancelled within 2 weeks of our arrival. This is so uncommon for anyone to do these things anymore.
Upon our arrival, the one brother welcomed us, the check in process was very quick. He walked us to our room and told us if we needed anything to make sure and let him know. This is the owner!! Again, very uncommon even in a small town like Saranac.
Our room was clean and nicely layed out. Now, let me be clear, this is not a 5 star resort, this is a very nice and clean Inn or Motel. But, we had a GREAT view and the rooms was very homey and we settled in immediately. Parking is easy and everything you need is just a few steps away, i.e. coffee in the morning, free local newspaper, and information on local restaurants, etc.
They have a resident cat that we quickly became friends with and only enhanced our stay.
Finally, our check out process was great, simple and quick.
My husband and I are already talking about going back as soon as possible.
If you are looking for a 5 star resort, then you may be as disappointed as the last person to review this place, but if you are looking for a nice, clean, friendly place to stay in a great location in Saranac Lake, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank VegaGirl
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We can't speak about the superior and deluxe rooms facing the lake but we had a number of standard rooms and all were pretty much the same although mine was a bit worse.

I can only hope when one enters the room we smelled some kind of cleaner but it didn't smell like cleaner. It smelled like the hotel was trying to cover up another smell. All of us, without talking to each other, opened all the windows as we entered the rooms.

The ceiling tiles in my room were pulling away from the ceiling in three areas. One was a row of tiles about eight feet long and the only reason they didn't fall is because the tongue and groove in the tiles was holding it in place.

Our tub must of had a full tub liner in it at one time and maybe there was a problem so it appears they removed the liner and hundreds of large chip marks were left on the bottom and sides of the remaining original tub. The shower curtain was moldy.

We happened to walk by a number of checked out room and they were all the same. They strip the bed and pillows and throw the pillows on the carpet. That can't be sanitary.

We "think" one couple got bites on their ankles from bed bugs but can't be sure.

There are a number of things that don't require a lot of money to fix. There is a lot of wrought iron on the exterior that is rusty and needs to be wire brushed and repainted.

If you go to their web site, the "basketball" is one portable hoop in the parking lot. Never saw a tennis court. They DO have boats you can use, which is great. They do have serve yourself coffee in the office and the staff is very nice.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank 278Smith
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I stayed at Gauthier’s last month and can recommend it. We had already tried some of the other motels in the area but we chose Gauthier’s because of the beautiful lakeside location. We had a room - clean & comfortable - with a balcony overlooking the lake and the sunset was beautiful! The owner lives on site and is very friendly; there are boats and canoes at the motel that you can borrow for free and there's a supermarket and some fast food places minutes away by car (our best dinner was pizza and beer sitting on the balcony and enjoying the sunset).

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Serenseren
Reviewed October 2, 2007

We stayed at Gauthier’s recently. It was our second stay here. While it’s far from a 5 star resort, it is a nice motel. The rooms aren’t huge, but they are functional, well maintained and very clean. The owner is on-site if you should have a problem (which we didn’t). The motel sits right on the shore of Lake Flower. I would suggest requesting a lake side room. It’s a lovely spot. There are paddle boats and canoes available for the patrons to use at no charge. The only criticism I would have is the parking. The motel was rather full the nights we were there and parking spots were at a premium.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple