Amanda's Village Motel
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$76
$71
Best Western Saranac Lake(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$99
BestWestern.com
Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$130
Agoda.com
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$303
Lake Placid Lodge(Lake Placid)
$599
Adirondack Motel(Saranac Lake)
TripAdvisor
The Point(Saranac Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Lake Flower Inn(Saranac Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewslake flowerwithin walking distancewonderful hostsjoehometownaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We chose this hotel after reading the websites and reviews; especially for their policy allowing dogs. The owners have been absolutely wonderful and friendly, going to great lengths to make our stay confortable. The rooms are simple and rustic but clean and well-kept. Edie and Joe were wondeful to our dog and went to extra lengths to make us feel at home. I was actually there when the previous reviewer checked in and they clearly expected a Sofitel instead of a locally owned small lodge, and argued about the amount of taxes (obviously; not a decision made by the management!) I would highly recommend this for an small, friendly, locally-owned motel. They are not a 4 star hotel nor purport themselves to be one. The pricing was fair, the location fantastic and much friendlier than staying in Placid, and the area and owners truly gave us the small town feel of the Adirondacks. We spoke to other guests that were repeat customers and plan to return as well. If you are looking for a high-end fancy hotel you're better off in Placid; if you are looking for a simple, clean, cozy and friendly environment this is the place to be.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank NJtravelgrrl
Reviewed August 19, 2007

There were not a lot of places to consider when we were planning our trip to the adirondacks. Many hotels were booked for events in town. anyway, after emailing I was asked to confirm booking over the phone which I did but dealt with a very abrupt manager. When we arrived we found the rooms clean but tired and dingy. We actually never ended up spending the night as my friend felt uncomfortable with the surroundings and the weird demeanor of the manager. When we asked to check out we had to pay the full amount for two nights stay, which is somewhat understandable but I guarantee the re rented our room our for the second night at least. I would definitly recommed staying somewhere else if at all possible. We didn't feel that safe as single women there.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank PondHoppers
Reviewed August 8, 2007

It's the second time I have stayed at Joe and Edie's little motel in Saranac Lake. Both times I have come through the area on motorcycle, once with a friend and this trip with my wife. If you are looking for clean, simple and well-priced accomodation - all operated by a very delightful and fun-loving husband and wife team (dog Tristan, too!), this is THE place to stay.

The morning coffee was great and I was even given a towel to wipe off my bike from the morning dew. And when I wanted to make a minor technical adjustment to the bike, Joe was handy with his tools and quickly insisted he do it for me - who knew he used to be a submarine mechanic?

We often stay in upscale hotels and do appreciate the differences in expectation from differing types of properties. Amanda's Village Motel well exceeds what you'd expect from a motel and we would stay there again. Maybe I'll bring my bike by for a full tune-up and put Joe's talent to the test!

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank Slick86
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We spent three days in Saranac Lake with our kids (14, 13 and 11) last week. This was a bit of a special trip for me in particular, as I had not returned to my hometown in 12 years. We found Amanda's Village Motel to be very clean, comfortable and conveniently located, with much more personality than any big name hotel chain we have stayed in. We loved sitting out on our porch in the evenings. But the nicest surprise of all was our hosts...Edie and Joe were warm, friendly and welcoming, sparing no effort to ensure that we enjoyed our stay, and even helping me with my own personal "historical tour" of Saranac Lake (I would never have otherwise known that all the street addresses had been changed since I was last there!) It sure was nice to have Tristan around to play with too, since we were missing our own dog, Jewel. We will definitely return, and next time we will bring Jewel with us. Thanks so much for everything, Edie and Joe.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Robin M
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I stayed at Amanda’s Village Motel on April19 – April 21, 2007, while in the Lake Placid area for business and a little relaxation. I was looking for a traditional Adirondack motel that was small, quaint, clean and had reasonable rates. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to stay at Amanda’s Village Motel. It was everything I was looking for, and more. It has a good location, just across the street from Saranac Lake, and around the corner from the business district. Lake Placid is just a short drive down the road. The motel’s rates were very reasonable. The hosts, Joe and Edie Stanish, seemed to treat the motel as an extension of their home, and were warm and gracious as if welcoming you to their home. Joe and Edie explained that their motel is “pet friendly.” I met their dog, Tommy, who has quite a personality. The room was spotless. It had cable TV and a very comfortable bed. I slept very well. One thing that I noticed was that the owners seemed to know the other guests who were staying at the motel. I asked Joe and Edie about that, and they explained that they have a lot of repeat guests who they have come to know over the years. That adds to the “hominess” of the motel. I am definitely returning too.

Stayed: May 2007