We found this lovely B&B by accident. Usually we go to the Finger Lakes for my birthday weekend but this year the place we usually go was closing early so we started searching for B&B's in the Adirondacks. We came upon this one by accident...the name Kiwassa was on a kayak we had looked at earlier in the summer.
I've been coming to the Saranac Lake area for over 40 years and had never known about this gem of a lake. It's a 5-10 min drive from the village over a beautiful winding road. Our room was spacious, quiet and had a gorgeous view of the lake. It was also immaculate. I knew I was in the right place when the decor included two of my favorites: dragonflies and Black eyed Susans!
I also liked the fact that breakfast was at 9 a.m. So nice to be able to sleep in a bit on vacation.
The breakfasts were delicious and served over looking the lake.
We brought our kayaks and spent time exploring Kiwassa Lake but also went down a neat channel that connected to another lake nearby. Very peaceful and quiet with loons accompanying our trip the entire time.
Since the weather was a bit rainy we had a chance to explore the village of Saranac Lake which we don't usually get to do when we are up visiting family at Lake Clear in the summer. Marge also provided tips for 2 great restaurants for lunch! It's also not far to Lake Placid where we went for my birthday dinner. We did get in a short hike on the last day up a mountain right in the village-Baker Mt. Even though it was misting the entire time and no view through the clouds at the top, it was fun to climb. We'd hoped to do one in the high peaks, but again, the weather prevented it. However it's close to several good hikes and lesser mountains but not too far from high peaks area.
All in all it was a great weekend despite the weather. We will definitely be back! Hopefully this winter to do some skiing and snowshoeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiwassa Lake Bed and Breakfast is a waterfront, Adirondack B&B offering four oversized guest suites, each with a private bath. Some rooms offer a balcony overlooking the lake and one offers a fireplace. Although once you get here you'll feel like you're a million miles away, the property is just three miles from the Village of Saranac Lake and ten from the Olympic Village of Lake Placid. Amenities include free Wi-Fi, free parking, boats/kayaks/canoes for rent and gourmet gift baskets for a fee. Come visit us - you'll be glad you did! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast At Cochran`s Cabins Hotel Saranac Lake
- Kiwassa Lake Bed And Breakfast At Cochran`s Cabins