“Nice Spot to Relax in the Pine Trees”

Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saranac Lake
Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club
Ranked #8 of 9 Saranac Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Just got back from a few days of R&R in the Adirondacks. Stayed at the Saranac Lake Club and Inn, B&B style home. Micheal the owner and host is very helpfull and freindly.
Stayed in the "Bird's Nest" room, very nice, very well done.
When we arrived the home looked great sitting between the towering pine trees. Mike greated us and showed us to our room. Truly a historic home built over 100 years ago, lots of character and style.
We enjoyed our stay and with only 5 rooms in total, lots of room for everyone to enjoy their own space.
Last but not least the breakfasts are "GREAT", a perfect way to start your day.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2008

I have been a regular at the Saranac Club and Inn for ages. I attended a function there years ago and fell in love with the place.

From events to afternoon teas and chamber music, evening cocktails and somewhat wilder late night evenings, the very best of times were had at the Saranac Club and Inn. I can still close my eyes and smell that sweet smell that accompanies a roaring, crackling fire.

Recently, the manse became a quieter sort of place and now operates primarily as a bed and breakfast. We are somewhat melancholy for what it use to offer, the happiest mountain hotel in the Adirondacks. Yet the quality remains.

I received my quarterly newsletter and now learn that Tim the proprietor is retiring. I wish him well and we hope to see him this summer to thank him for the memories. As he said SCI will most likely continue to operate as the Adirondacks most sophisticated and urbane hostelry. It won’t be the same without him, whenever that will be.

If you ever had a relative that opened up his vacation retreat to you, you will appreciate how special the Saranac Club and Inn truly is. Try it while you still can if you should find yourself in the mountains of northern New York. It's been a classic!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2008

What a Place! We loved everything about this little B&B. Some might find it a little too small (5 rooms) but that size is perfect for us. Personal attention by the owner, but not obtrusive. Mike was there if we needed him, but he wasn't always hovering around like in some other B&B's that my partner & I have stayed at (you know the type of place! You feel like you're intruding in someone's home, instead of an inn. This place is nothing like that. It's filled with private little nooks and crannies that we hid out in...very romantic. Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2008

We wanted to ski Whiteface in Lake Placid (having already skied all the places in Vermont) and our neighbor (a friend of the owner Mike) recommended this little B&B. While we've had some bad experiences with B&B's in Vermont, this placed proved to be ideal: a level of luxury one usually doesn't find in a B&B, but also a feeling of relaxation and casualness, too. And the owner Mike couldn't have been more hospitable, fiendly and helpful. While Whiteface was a little more diffucult than Mike had said, we still had a wonderful time on the mountain and at this charming place. We'll be back. Thanks Peter for telling us about it!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joannainrhodeisland
Reviewed December 4, 2007

What a great place! We read all of the reviews on this site, and while we didn't "disbelieve" we are always a little skeptical about these sites. However, we gave it a shot and definately lucked out. The place is great, comfortable, cozy etc., etc., and the owner was so nice and informative. Best of all, especially for two guys from the Sunshine state, there was tons of snow! we loved it. we definately want to go back and try the skiing at nearby Whiteface Mtn (where we were told they had the 1980 Olympics!) Thanks, Saranac Club & Inn, for making our first stay in the Adirondacks such a great time.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Bucfanrick
Reviewed October 6, 2007

My wife and I recently flew into New York to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I found this inn through a bed and breakfast website. After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor, I decided to book two nights at the Saranac Club and Inn. Upon our arrival, we were greated by a lovely woman who offered us a glass of wine and a tour of the inn. I wished I could remember her name, but the info and time she gave us was way out of the norm. I would recommend listening to her suggestions to save yourself some time if you aren't familiar with the area. Quite a charming and informative meeting. She recommended the Interlaken and the View for dinner, and we tried both of them. The View was very good, but crowded. The Interlaken served what I think was possibly one of the finest meals that I have had in a long time. The attention to detail by the staff at the Saranac inn was really something. My favorite was the stand outside your room on which was placed cookies, coffee, and an assortment of teas every night at 9. At 7:30am, fresh coffee was waiting for us when we awoke...wonderful!! Breakfast was delicious, but again, what really makes this place work is the staff. We didn't have the pleasure of meeting the owners, but if their attentivness was anything near what the two lovely young ladies displayed, I wish them success in their business for a very long time. I'd like to close with a few thoughts about negative reviews. I have a tendency to read the worst reviews first, and if there are alot of them, that would indicate a problem. However, giving unfair and unjustified reviews to people who try their best to make you comfortable is not right. Stop and smell the roses.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kkstein
Reviewed September 17, 2007

I booked this inn mostly based on Tripadvisor reviews, so maybe my expectations were unrealistic. Perhaps we were somewhat disappointed because the owners were absent during our one night stay; I noticed many reviews here which cite Mike and Tim as a big part of their positive experience. The energetic young man and woman running the place seemed awkward about the whole process though they were very friendly.

We stayed in the small but pleasant Deluxe room. The bed was fine, the linens and bath toiletries exceptionally good. The bathroom had some problems: there was a window above the toilet (open when we arrived) with a big hole in the screen, letting in flying bugs. That window, which has a see-through openwork curtain, is next to the projecting open porch of the room next door, and our neighbors were out there talking. I trust they had no interest in our bathroom use, but it was disconcerting. We closed the window but there was no other ventilation.

The room had a window air conditioner which did not fill up the space of the opening, so there were more flying bugs coming in that way. There was a small armoir with some drawers and a small desk. Internet access was good.

A very nice touch was coffee and tea and cookies waiting on the landing outside our room when we returned from dinner, and we were told there would be coffee, tea, and pastry there in the morning by 7am. We found only some lukewarm coffee there at 7:30; our friends in another room said the coffee was cold by 8 when they got up. The breakfast was ok; none of us wanted the french toast so we were left with a small buffet of choices. The very nice young lady who was making breakfast did offer to make us eggs if we wanted them, and she was truly kind and pleasant; but I would not consider this a gourmet breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2007
#3 of 9 in Saranac Lake
Lake Flower Inn
Lake Flower Inn
#6 of 9 in Saranac Lake

Been to Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!