“Great Stromboli..bring cash..no CC!”

Little Italy Pizzeria Incorporated
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: Pizza
Pflugerville, Tx
“Great Stromboli..bring cash..no CC!”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We ate here 3 times on our stay in Saranac Lake. We dined in two times and both times the service was fast and the waitress was friendly. The food is fresh and good. My husband had Veal Parmigiana and liked it, but thought it could have been more tender. I had the Stromboli twice and a calzone once. I enjoyed both of these and thought the Stromboli was the best I have ever eaten. I loved the crust. Definitely stop by there for a Stromboli when you are in town.

Upstate NY
“Best pizza and garlic knots!”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Great pizzas - lasagna - ziti - garlic knots are a must

1 Thank 8of8
montreal
“The best pizza in the North Country”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Authentic.....
The crust,, the sauce, the cheeses all came together for an awesome pizza! The service was great and the Italian owners were charming and welcoming. What a surprise to find an Italian jewel of a restaurant in the middle of the north country! Keep up the great work we will definately be back!!!

Salt Lake City, UT
“Great tasting pizza, but why not use fresh ingredients?”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

This was pretty darned good pizza - great crust, good sauce & cheese, but we were taken aback... especially after being told by a local resident and seeing the 10 or 12 annual readers' choice 'best pizza' certificates, leading us to believe that this would be great pizza... Our spinach-mushroom-sausage pizza came with not only canned mushrooms but also canned spinach! Why waste all the effort to make everything else top notch then not include fresh spinach or mushrooms? Actually, the sausage was pretty run of the mill mass-produced pizza style sausage chunks, too, now that I think about it. but it tasted good.

Otherwise, the service was good, the view out the back window entertaining (view of people catching fish - pike? - in the local creek), and prices were good. We only had pizza, but we heard their other dishes are good.

Even the chain pizza restaurants seem able to come up with fresh mushrooms and spinach. I'd highly recommend that Little Italy make this change. Then they really CAN be considered, perhaps, the best in the Adirondacks.

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good food....”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Returning to my hometown for the first time since 1992, i sought out to try one of the new restaurants in town. A former classmate suggested Little Italy, and my wife & I were not let down. My wife's specialty is white clam sauce over linguine, which is very, very good. She decided to try it at Little Italy and was quite impressed. There was so many clams, and she could not finish the whole dish becasue the dish was so big! The garlic bread knots are a must. The pizza looked very good but we didn't have room to buy a slice. While we were there for about 45-50 minutes, there must have been 20 pizza's that were sold to take out customers. One bugaboo is that salads do not come with the meal...only ala carte.

1 Thank dcu82