“Food to die for!”

Ranked #18 of 36 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run Italian-American restaurant since 1996, La Bella's is located on route 86 as you're going towards the Olympic village of Lake Placid. We specialize in pasta, steak, seafood, chicken, and veal dishes. Our unique quality is a strong dedication to preparing most of our food from scratch and using fresh ingredients to maximize taste in all of our dishes. Whether it's the bread and dipping sauce we give you as soon as your seated, the entree, or dessert, you can bet that it was probably homemade. On top of guaranteed freshness, we offer generous portions at modest prices so that you really get the bang for your buck! Not a dining out kind of person? You can enjoy our full service bar that is located on the opposite side of the dining room. Our bar offers a large variety of liquors and wines, as well as a decent selection of bottled beers and beer on tap. In case you do get hungry, there is a special bar menu that does burgers, special sandwiches, and fried food among other foods as well. If you're looking for a restaurant with fast, friendly service, homemade fresh food, and a relaxing atmosphere, then La Bella's is exactly the right pick for you!
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to this nice and quiet restaurant between Lake Placid and Saranac (5 minutes from L.P.) and we had amazing food. I had see food pasta and my wife had stake and salad both meals were excellent and i can not wait to go there again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The service was good and the staff was friendly, but the prime rib was not very good. It was featured as the daily special on their chalk board so I tried it, but it just seemed like it was reheated many times and just blah. For what I could see the Italian dishes that others in restaurant were getting served looked good so I think I choose poorly. The location is great if you are staying at the Best Western across street which is where I was staying and had no car. If you have car I would recommend trying a place in downtown Saranac Lake or Lake Placid instead.

1  Thank dubelaw
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this place the food is great and service is also great I get take out more than I dine in. I have eaten here maybe 10 times and I get take out usually every two weeks or so. I have a lot of inside knowledge about local restaurants from local food salesman and vendors in the area. I have yet to hear one bad thing about this place they order top quality food and have a very clean kitchen.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just had dinner at La Bella Ristorante. This was our second time. The dinner was great and we would go there again when we are in the area.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

been there a few times, food is very good and inexpensive, customer service is friendly, plenty of parking