“Really nice place to eat”
Review of Red Fox Restaurant

Red Fox Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Red Fox Restaurant serves Steak, Chicken, Seafood, and Pasta entrees. We also have a full bar with wine and beer. We take reservations 7 days a week, we also can accommodate large parties.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited on a Monday evening, expecting a small turnout. Surprise! Not full, but well attended. I had the Filet Mignon, and friends had the salmon and stuffed sole. Soup of the day was split pea. The salad was small but just right. The bread arrived on a wooden tray - delicious. My filet was perfect, and my friend reported that her salmon was the best she had ever had. I enjoyed my Lake Placid I.P.A.I had a choice of baked potato or rice pilaf - I chose the rice and enjoyed the flavor. Our waitress was very attentive and personable. I will visit this restaurant again the next time I am in the Lake Placid area.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have been coming here for many years and have yet to be disappointed. Tonight's meal as usual was promptly and attentively served. The entrees include a starter of soup or juice. I usually get the tomato juice, but sampled the corn chowder and found it hot and tasty with a creamy chicken stock base. I ordered the prime rib au jus, which came just as I ordered, along with a baked potato and a hot crusty loaf of bread. The horseradish I requested was fresh and biting...just the way it should be. I often order the veal parmesan, which is always a treat. The ambiance is casual and very attractive, with red foxes popping up all over the place. Generous windows in the main dining room overlook a beautiful rock garden bursting with flowers. This is a wonderful place to take your family, go out with a group, or just enjoy a quiet couples dinner. Their consistently excellent food and service earns the Red Fox a five in my book!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It had very high rating and got high recommendation from hotel. However, it did not meet our expectation. Whole bread on a wooden tray was delightful treat, and bread was delicious.
My husband ordered 'roasted duck in orange sauce', Duck was very moist and tender, but the orange sauce was too sweet and no other taste. I ordered 'linguine with white clam sauce'. It was very dry, but after taste was very good. Most of time, linguine with clam sauce got ample liquid in my experience.
Service was wonderful.

1  Thank Mindy P
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had dinner at the Red Fox on Saturday evening. As usual we were warmly greeted and had an opportunity to chat about things happening around town. Know that when we go there they are consistent with the preparation of the food and the service will be wonderful. They never rush you to eat and leave. No loud music. Easily accessible and parking is fine. The garden was in full bloom and the birds and bees were all about searching for nectar.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Picked this because it had lobster on the menu. Very nice, clean and friendly place. The lobster tails, received two, were excellent. They were big and filled you up. Worth the market price. The atmosphere was nice, music in the background, but not too loud.