“Great food”

Red Fox Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Red Fox Restaurant serves Steak, Chicken, Seafood, and Pasta entrees. We also have a full bar with wine and beer. We take reservations 7 days a week, we also can accommodate large parties.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I visited with my family on Wednesday evening this week.
Great food and service.
Shrimps in tomato sauce...delicious
Chicken parmesan with pasta ...delicious
Kids menu x 2 ....our children loved it and for $6.95 good value... But be aware American size portions all around (something we are not used to)!!
Nice bottle of Sauvignon blanc to wash it down...$30 approx so good value ...new Zealand wine

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I'm sure we'll go back again. Very nice place. Only thing I didn't like was that the waiter served the men before the ladies. Big no-no!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I are always looking for excuses to go down to Saranac Lake just so we can eat at the Red Fox. An amazing restaurant.

Where to start?

Well, the bread they serve is superb. Amazing. I often ask for a second helping.

Next, they give you a choice of Tomato Juice (small serving) or salad (small serving). You can get larger servings, but the idea is just to be a taste.

Then, your dinner. Since I stumbled upon their Veal Marsala I cannot have anything else -- it's just too good to pass up. We have had their steaks, chicken parmesan and pasta as well and they've been delightful too.

The restaurant has three sections - if you're seated in two of the three, you have a beautiful view of their back yard - nicely landscaped gardens with a forest in the background.

The service is superb. The price (for us Canadians, at least) is great too.

(Drat, now I'm craving their Veal Marsala...)

Go. Enjoy.

2  Thank Scott M
Reviewed May 3, 2012

When I have friends or persons visiting me and I want the evening to be without disapointment I go to the Red Fox They food is always perfect The Restaurant is run by the family Mom runs the dinning room Dad cooks and the Boys bartend and waiter. Prime Rib there is none better
Rack of Lamb is the beeeeeest and the veal marsala has very nice fire places beautiful stain glass lamps nice place

1  Thank William R
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We had the Filet Mignon and the Scallops. Good food and excellent service. We met the owner who was very pleasant (her husband is the cook) We ate in the smaller room with the fireplace and it was very cozy. Worth the visit!