“Pleasantly surprised!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The Belvedere has the feel of a family owned restaurant. On Easter Sunday, I was surprised with a dinner invitation. We were welcomed without reservations. The service was well timed, salads were large and fresh - perfect for salad lovers, bread was warm, lightly crisped crust, and the veal parmigiana was tender, moist, and bathed in a flavorful tomato sauce. The pasta was angel hair. Portions were large enough to take a container home for next day's lunch. No room left for dessert, but we'll come back for that. Outside dining on the Saranac River. Dining area separate from bar.

There are newer reviews for Belvedere Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2011

I may be a little biased writing this review as I've lived in SL for a while, but I just love this place. Quirky 80's style decor that hasn't changed since I was a kid, same menu, same delicious food. I've had quite a few things on the menu, steaks, lobster, lasagna, but I always go back to the lemon buttered broiled haddock. It's to die for, the portion is huge and you also get a salad with the best homemade blue cheese dressing, and choice of pasta (angel hair, yum) or potato/french fries. It is the best value for the money in SL. Everything is consistent each time you go. I always recommend it to people visiting from out of town, but I'm never sure if they quite "get it" as a local would.

1  Thank adkgold
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Not bad, just not noteworthy. Overcooked pasta. Awful lighting. Noise from bar floats into dining area.

2  Thank Spoonball
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Got into town a couple of weeks ago. Thought we would try Belvedere. Ordered a fish fry. So bad. Was told by a friend who is a local that the place is changing hands. They will have their hands full.

1  Thank MarylandADK_lover
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The Belvedere is a wonderful, family owned restaurant! The Cavallo's have been serving great Italian "comfort food" for 3 generations. I love their White Clam sauce over Angel Hair. Can't go wrong with Chicken Parmesan, Lasagna or Sausage platter. Order extra Blue Cheese crumbles on your salad. Special requests are never a problem! When vacationing in Saranac Lake, we call ahead and "the Bel" is always happy to accomodate our large family. The Bel is like eating a home cooked meal with friends & family, without the work!