“Is sushi supposed to be hard?”

Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #31 of 37 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Asian Buffet Hibachi & Sushi has set the standard of Chinese cuisine in the North Country. Our restaurant offers great Chinese and American fares in a buffet-style setting. We also feature freshly made sushi and hibachi dishes to please any palate. Our food is of the highest standards with no MSG.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Is sushi supposed to be hard?”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'll eat just about anything. Left over chicken in my fridge for a week doesn't faze me. But when I went to take a bite of the salmon sushi and the salmon was dry and hard... Oy! I guess I draw the line at raw fish which has been left our for multiple days. The rest of the buffet was disguised behind heavy sauces and plenty of deep frying.

On the positive side, it was relatively inexpensive.

Visited December 2012

Wayne, NJ
“Avoid”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

No surprise on the bottom of the list. What was I thinking. Sign outside says $7.95, but that must be lunch. Doesn't matter, I wouldn't' go back if it was free.

1 Thank ChazT
Greenville, Rhode Island
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I seldom have the opportunity to review a restaurant as bad as this one. The food was cold, old and somewhere between boring and horrible. The Hot and Sour Soup, which is my test of any Asian restaurant, we thin and tasted more like seseme oil than anything else. I will admit that we got there about 7pm, which is apparently late for this establishment, so almost every item in the buffet was old. The only thing that keeps this place from something less than horrible is the fact that it is clean and the servers were adequate.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DaveBinRI
Saranac Lake, New York
“Started strong....”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Like many places that are fresh to an area, this place started strong. Good customer service, good plentiful food. CLEAN and neat.

The honeymoon ended about 3-6 months in. I do NOT go there anymore. It's not dirty...yet it's not clean either. The customer service is a 2 star at it's best now. I went in to pick up an order and the girl was yacking on her cell phone the whole time, didn't even really look at me, didn't speak really either. Too busy on the cell. NOT impressed at all.

The food has slid too...and I found a bug in my food the very first day I went there...during their grand opening. She blamed it on a wayward fly...one in which is NOT indigenous to the area..never EVER seen it before. I figured, no worries, I'll try it again, which I did. No more. I've been there maybe 4-5 times. That was enough tries. It might be ok for large groups of people; just for the pure ease of it. It's not overly impressive though and the food is average at best.

On a positive, the atmosphere is pretty cool. Lovely, different decor. That's about the size of it.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank TheTruthOfit
lake placid
“Cheap, pseudo-Chinese fare”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Good for quick, cheap eats. Garish, pagoda-like facade and stone lions guarding entrance. Not bad fun for young children as they may be awed by the large and colorful buffet and ice cream stations but don't go here unless you are actually driving past the place. It's not really worth the trip from any great distance. Finally, don't order anything but the buffet. At $7.99 for all you can eat and unlimited soda refills, it's a good value but expect a lot of non-Asian/non-Chinese food items too. The food itself is ok and there are enough buffet items to get your money's worth. It is however, a ripoff if you've purposely driven to this place to order off the menu or get take-out. Clean and neat with attentive and helpful table staff and on a main route between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake but otherwise shouldn't be a planned destination from outside that area.

• Visited August 2012