““Super excellent”” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Downhill Grill

Downhill Grill
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““Super excellent””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Another great dinner! The food was a-w-e-s-o-m-e! Fast and friendly service every time we go there. I would recommend this place to anybody who loves great food and even better service! Fantastic bartenders!!!!

• Visited July 2013

Rotonda West, Florida
“Great menu - you'll find something to love”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just the perfect in-town experience - lots of great choices - sandwiches, Mexican, soups, meals. We ate dinner there twice - on the Thursday art walk night the place was jammed but service was appropriate for the standing room only crowd - we both had Mexican, which as tasty and well seasoned. The Mexican flag was recommended online and is a sure bet. The next night was 40% full and again we again enjoyed our sandwiches and drinks.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Disappointed in the level of service but it wasnt a horrible experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wait staff was nice and promptly seated us. The wait to take our drink order was a bit long. Our food arrived fairly quick. My boyfriend and his mom ordered fish and chips and I ordered the salmon. Fish and chips were great. The salmon on the other hand was completely disappointing. It was great until I got to the center. It was raw. Which usually wouldn't bother me if it was a little under cooked. This infact was cold. At that point I wasn't going to ask to have it taken back. I'm not really one to complain. I ate some of the fish and chips and I was fine. Just very disappointed. When the waitress came to take our plates I mentioned that the salmon was raw. She looked at it, laughed and responded oh wow it is quite raw. That was it. No apology, nothing. I'm not one to ask for a meal to be taken off my bill but at least an apology would have been nice. My family is in the restaurant industry and in our restaurant we would have handled a raw food complaint much differently.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ashley729
Potsdam, New York
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here with family...broke up into two table- kids and adults. A few of of us got the broiled salmon dinner, a few Mexican dishes,etc. they had no problem with people sharing entrees. Everyone was happy with their food and all the plates were empty when we were done! I was pleased that they did more than slap some token steamed veggies on the plate. The vegetable of the day was greenbeans and they had been prepared with a bit of garlic to give them more flavor. We had one problem with some "grit" in our lettuce and they promptly replaced the salads. The wait staff was attentive without hovering. We would definitely return.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Bohlcore
Latham
“Great Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We asked around and was recommended this restaurant from "locals". Great Saranac Lake atmosphere. Good food and good service. Good variety of items for lunch and dinner. The homemade soup of the day was outstanding and the Prime Rib was cooked perfectly. Price was reasonable.

Visited May 2013