“Wow best ever and I travel allot”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Downhill Grill

Downhill Grill
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grimsby, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow best ever and I travel allot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

I know they were busy that night but they made us feel like one of the family and the food was spectacular! I"m sorry they left Lake Placid but it is worth the drive.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Lyle H

Toms River , NJ
“times and have gotten sick every time !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Terrible and third time was not a Charm . Me and my husband both got sick the last two times and the first time we were there 1 hour and a half for lunch . We ordered chicken wings , fries and burnt potato skins my kids were going crazy waiting . Service is just terrible as well . Downhill it goes ugh !

• Visited October 2011
Lake Placid, New York
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was skeptical about this restaurant because of an experience in their old location. I was wrong! The dining room itself looks very good inside and like a "real" restaurant, even though the new location was not a restaurant before. I had the beef nachos and chicken wings. Wow! Those nachos were soo beefy and really cheesy! We didn't have enough chips! The fresh jalapenos gave them a real kick! I have been craving them ever since! The chicken wings were good, not outstanding--but to be fair, I'm from Buffalo, so it's hard for me to find wings that are up to my standards. I would definitely go here again. I want to try some other menu items.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank royaroni
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

the prices were great for the area, most things on the menu were around 8.50 so you can eat pretty cheap. The place was packed with only a few servers and a host working but they were able to keep up with the demand with no problems. the kitchen was able to pump out food fast as we did not have wait long at all for our food. We started with the mexican layer dip that we were unable to finish because it could of been an app for 4 people. I ordered the beef burrito and my girlfriend had the fish sandwich they both excellent. Go hungry because we were unable to finish our meals because the portions were huge!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank elyk51
NY
“Excelent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Food and menu overall are unusually good for the area. Very tasty dishes, large variety. Slightly pricey for Saranac Lake, but worth it. Cocktails variable from mediocre to excellent. Copious amounts of food no matter what is ordered. Ate there a few times and always came away satisfied and with no complaints. Typical bar & grill fare as well as some more unusual items. Many unique dishes with unusual twists, from Cajun spicy fries to the best ranch dressing ever.

• Visited August 2011