“Delicious and charming”

Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: French Cafe/Bistro serving all day. Croissants & espresso, crepes & tartines, soups & salads, French Regional specialties, wine pairings, riverside dining in the summer. Annual break from November 14th to November 30th and Apri 19th to April 26th
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Light, delicious and authentic french food * nice and excellent service * relaxing outside seating along the river * the Time we went there, they had live Jazz - excellent!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I found LBC on the pet friendly site. We went to the restaurant in the morning to make sure they were pet friendly and they were very welcoming. We made reservations for 6:00PM that evening. When we arrived they had a reserved sign on our table which included our dog. They had a plate with two dog biscuits and a fresh bowl of water for our dog. Dogs are only allowed on the covered porch which faces the Saranac River, but it was very pleasant to sit there by the water. We felt so relaxed there that we had an appetizer, dinner, two glasses of wine and dessert and coffee. The food was excellent and our waitress was superb. The owner was very friendly and we had a nice conversation. There was a local man having dinner and we had a very pleasant conversation with him as well. We have been to Paris and I would say this cafe is comparable to any we ate at there. We travel with our dog, Winston, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel frequently but never have felt so welcome as we did at the LBC. We will be back soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Waited 15 minutes. No waiter even stopped at our table. I went to the counter twice and asked if a waiter was available and was told they will be right there. They were not packed, just poorly managed.

2  Thank Rinej
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently visited this cafe after a leisurely afternoon of window shopping. I ordered the Spinach, Artichoke with Gruyere Crepe which was very yummy! We then had ice cream which wasn't that great due to the fact that it was half melted and it cost $4 for three measly scoops of ice cream. The dessert items are expensive. Service was okay. Our waiter forgot the silverware, so my friend had to get up to the bar and get some. The waiter also said he would refill our water - which never happened. My friends and I decided to not come back.

1  Thank Missy Y
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Read reviews and decided to try the cafe for lunch. The owner was extremely welcoming, the atmosphere simple, cheery and relaxing, and the food was delightful. Even have a porch right on the river if you enjoy eating outside. Great spot if you want a light meal and a chance to unwind.