“very mediocre”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Sadly, after eating here a half-dozen times in three years, I am forced to say that the food
and service had deteriorated steadily. Our latest meal, two dinner salads and a pizza was
a disaster. The place needs life support: a trained chef and professional management. Prices
are way to high. Hope these latest reviews will cause a turn-around.

1  Thank rberger4

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Some nice young wait staff, but they can't save this owner from any number of bad choices that will sink this restaurant if the owner doesn't get a clue. So-so food, but very poorly managed. I couldn't wait to get out of there, it was such an unpleasant dining experience---but wait we did at every turn. Two other parties that arrived after us were served drinks, and dinner orders taken long before anyone gave us a menu (and then only because i trekked into the restaurant to find out when/if we were going to be waited upon!) Worst of all: a loud, drunk, obnoxious female patron who cursed like a sailor throughout our meal. Could say it was just luck of the draw---until I was told that she was a guest of the owner, who sat with her group! NOT good choice with kids!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Took a friend to nonna fina's for supper saturday night, August 18th. I have lived in Saranac Lake for over 25 years, so I am well aware of the management change which occurred a few months back.

I ordered the haddock which tasted like it had freezer burn. The potatoes were even worse. My friend sadly ordered the zita. The cheeze was not melted, the sause tasted like something out of a jar. Our waitress was rude at best. She never offered grated cheeze or cracker pepper for either of our salad or pasta.

Will never return, which is really sad because we have had some really great meals there in the past.

1  Thank lori b
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family of four ate here on Friday evening...what a delight it was!!!
Children both had the carbonara pasta... And thoroughly enjoyed it
Husband had a steak...rare..apparently done to perfection
I had the fish special...lovely presentation and cooked just right.
Had a delicious Italian red $45 that Jacob recommended...
All in all a lovely evening...thank you

1  Thank Janine R
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Been here several times now......each time I get the fettuccine alfredo and it is the closest recipe I've come across at a restaurant that resembles my family recipe from scratch, love it! The price ran about $10 for the dinner portion, with dinners including salad and dinner roll (which is hard to find in the area without an additional charge) The atmosphere is warm and pleasant with seating outside on the patio during summer months. They also offer beer and a wine list.