“(Below) avg at best”
Review of Nonna Fina

Nonna Fina
Ranked #26 of 38 Restaurants in Saranac Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Paris, Canada
“(Below) avg at best”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Wife votes Nona Fiona as avg, I would say it's below avg. The service we received was somewhat suspect, I ordered my meal based on the waiters recommendation; a pesto chicken pasta dish and I though it was mediocre at best, it seemed flavourless imo. My wife had the fish parmigiana, she thought it tasted good but it had way to much cheese.

Not sure if the waiter was new or greedy. When paying, we were to get $10 plus some coin as change. We were given a $10 bill along with the coins, so either he wanted us to leave him a $10 for the tip, or he really didn't know any better. We did not have any smaller bills. Although I would have left him with the coins he left us, my wife insisted on being nicer than that and left him with some CDN $ instead.

Either way, we were not very impressed with the place and will not return.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank L84TOFF

Poughquag, New York
“Officer, I would like to report 2 missing salads........”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and I spent a couple of days in the Saranac Lake area and Nonna Fina was recommended to us by some local friends. The place was quite busy as there was a rugby tournament going on in the area that weekend and I suspect most of the folks at the restaurant had some connection to that.

The place wasn't horrible, if you don't mind; your pasta swimming in 2" of butter, the waiter dropping other people food at your table, your salad never being delivered, your drinks never being re-filled, no cheese for your pasta & your waitress entering the witness protection program.

Since it was crowded inside we decided to eat on the patio which looks out on Flower Lake but also has considerable road noise. I suggest if you choose to eat out on the patio make sure the flies are not in season, it was unappetizing sharing my food with the swarm.

Although the experience was not good, I do have to say that the brushetta was the best I ever had. That is clearly not enough to tempt me back to Nonna Fina anytime soon.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank dirkwell
Philadelphia
“OK, but not great”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Portions were very ample, but food quality was so-so. Boring salads; hot-house tomatoes. Veal a little tough. Seafood not real fresh. We are accustomed to really great Italian food, living in Philadelphia. This was definitely NOT that. But it was passable if you're hungry.

• Visited June 2011
Milton, Delaware
“Very good food, large portions”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was a great experience. Food was pretty good...not the best Italian I have ever had but good. The view of the lake from the outdoor seating area was absolutely beautiful. Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2011
Upstate New York
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Wow, what an amazing dinner. I felt like I was in Sicily, everything was just perfect. Can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2011