Best Western Saranac Lake(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$179
$274
Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$256
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$643
Hotels.com
Maple Leaf Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$210
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$186
$161
$144
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$229
$222
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$289
$209
All reviewsadirondack chairsgazeboownerlakestove
Reviewed July 27, 2006

My friend and I were traveling around the East Coast for 25 days. We stayed in a lot of different hotels and motels. One of the best ones was Sara-Placid Motor Inn at Saranac Lake. The room was very spacious,clean, and with all the items you need.
The view from the rooms is beautiful. Specially at nigth, when you can sit outside, with a full moon, that reflect on the lake. Very romantic !
The place is very quiet , and is near the road though.
There is a cozy restaurant across the motel to have a wonderful breakfast.
I recommend this hotel if you are on this route.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank Cande
A TripAdvisor Member
Oklahoma
Reviewed April 29, 2006

my first stay at the saraplacid inn was in the spring of 1981. My familly and I were so impressed ,we have returned time and time again.
I have always been impressed with the staff,the friendly service and home like feel of the place.
The view from any angle is breath taking and there is lots to do and see..
my children are grown now and I find myself
humbled by the stories and memories they share about our vacations there.
They now plan those trips and vacations for their family.

B Small
Oklahoma

Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed April 10, 2006

I reserved a neighboring property and when arrived early was told they had no rooms available,so I took my chances and went to the first property with a vacancy sign.

This is a Very big step for me I'm platinum at most major hotel chains & I don't like booking at private owned property's. Sara Placid really surprised me and my little boy "Ma this is nice for a motel" the owner made me so comfortable I felt like I was at my own lake retreat. The room was extremely clean nice size new TV (a must for children with video game habits) microwave and fridge. I'd recommend this property to any and everyone you will really enjoy the peaceful lake view and feel right at home.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 12, 2006

I am a business traveler who spends several nites weekly in motels. The Sara-Placid has well maintained, nicely appointed, exceptionally clean rooms. The motel offers a beautiful view of the lake and mountains. Expect the best from this high rated AAA approved property.

3  Thank Venture221
Reviewed December 1, 2005

I booked an apt. at the Sara Placid a month ahead of time for a week's stay with my husband for August, 2005.

We checked out without unpacking, two hours after checking in, once we had time to mull our options and find another room in a very fully booked town. We would have slept in our car before we'd have crawled into bed in the shabby and dirty apt. we were checked into.

The apt. appeared not to have been cleaned all season. Dead black flies (black fly season ended in June!) were on the cob web framed front window sill, the ancient TV was thickly coated with dust, there were dust, cobwebs, crumbs, human hair, pebbles and what looked like dried animal excrement, an open condom wrapper and webs along all the floor edges, under the furniture and hanging from under the cabinets in the kitchen. We found half eaten lefover food in the fridge and in the kitchen cabinets. The kitchen counters were covered with dried spilled coffee, and the dirty toaster was covered with crumbs. There were coffee grounds in a clump, and spilled dry spaghetti amidst all the other filth on the kitchen floor. The sofa in the living room was so broken down that it was impossible to sit comfortably on it. The living room windows had no crank handles and couldn't be opened from inside.

The owner added the words "one week can" to my check in slip *after* I'd signed it and left the office. He charged my credit card for a full week. I had relied on the AAA guidebook recommendation of this facility, and I'm a member. Their policy was violated by the Sara Placid; it was only permissable for him to charge me one night according to their rep. They obtained all but a one night refund (I sent them digital pictures of some of the deficiencies we'd found along with a description). American Express reviewed my complaint and photos and credited me for the remaining one night.

In his reply to AAA, the owner insultingly suggested that we'd "used" the apt for several hours, while we shopped for something cheaper, then left when we found it. In fact, when I'd booked the apt., he expressed amazement that we were willing to spend extra for so much room for just two people; he had motel rooms available at the time. We wanted the extra space and a kitchen, but we wanted it to be habitable.

• Stayed: August 2005
15  Thank SLF4591
Management response:Responded January 9, 2006

These people reserved a luxury apartment at the sara-placid with a cancellation policy of one week. They arrived, checked in and used the room 8 hours before complaining to the office manager! They were budget hunters that only wanted a basic motel room. They found a cheap room in another town (bed and breakfast)and tried everything to get out of paying for the room in which they used. If a person did not want to pay the rate for an upscale family apartment, they should not have booked it! AAA did not agree with their story either. They did not have pictures as stated and are just mad. I could have kept all 7 days pay for lodging according to AAA, but I did'nt. I did however keep one days as they did use the room for 8 hours.