Best Western Saranac Lake(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$179
$274
Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$256
Curio.com
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$643
Orbitz.com
Maple Leaf Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$210
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$186
$161
$144
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$229
$222
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$289
$193
All reviewsadirondack chairsgazeboownerlakestove
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We felt fortunate to receive a very personable service from the owner Steve. We had 3 small children and were coming late Friday night. Steve stayed up waiting for us and also very thoughtfully heated up the cottage for us. You could not ask for more.
truly excellent service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you Martin for your review and comments. We hope to have your family as our guest in the near. Steve/Owner

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Sara-Placid Motor Inn on three or four occasions including my latest stay: four nights in late September, 2013. The rooms are very nice, always clean and in excellent condition. The prices are reasonable, and Steve (the owner) is very helpful with directions, suggestions, and general knowledge of the Saranac Lake area. The location on Lake Flower Avenue is excellent: pretty views and sunsets over Lake Flower (which is directly across the street), convenient to town, restaurants, Mt. Baker, the Saranac Lakes, and ten minutes to Lake Placid. A big plus for me was that Steve offered the use of one of his kayaks, and I was able to paddle for about four hours on several of the lakes in the area. The Sara-Placid has been a great find and I always look forward to returning there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JS2K
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you as our guest again. Steve/Owner

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My father in law stayed at the Sara-Placid every fall, and was very pleased with it. This was our first time staying in a room there, and we will be back. Very comfortable, good customer service. Thanks!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

It was nice visiting with you. Hope to visit again in the near future. Thanks for the review. Steve

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very pleasant owner(Steve) and very clean and quiet room. Good rates and beautiful scenery. I would go back if I'm in the area. Close to restaurant and stores. Saranac Lake is a beautiful town to visit and lots to do. Claude the Baker.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your time in providing a review of the Sara-Placid. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future. Steve/Owner

Reviewed September 17, 2013

super clean (I have a thing about nasty floor, and germs). I always bring my own blankets but theirs were freshly washed. Kitchen was so cute, and even had supplies like pots , pans and plates and such if you wanted to cook there. A beautiful front area with gazebo and small pond, and across the street was Lake Flower. And you can use their paddle boat, at no charge on the pond. The manager (owner?) was EXTREMELY gracious , parking right in front of your door, and just down the street is Town of Saranac Lake, and a few miles the other way is Lake Placid. We are weekend travelers with relatives in the mountains and I have found my new favorite place to stay when we are here. I usually only go for the larger hotels with a good reputation but this is definatly an exception.

Room Tip: any room is a pleasure
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Debi and Ken for your nice review, and for all the referrals that you send us. We hope to see you again this year for the 90 mile canoe classic. Steve