Best Western Saranac Lake(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$162
$152
Hotel Saranac, Curio Collection by Hilton(Saranac Lake)(Great Value!)
$218
Curio.com
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$643
$593
$119
Orbitz.com
Maple Leaf Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
Town House Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
$186
$161
$138
TripAdvisor
Lake Flower Inn(Saranac Lake)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsadirondack chairsgazeboownerlakestove
Reviewed August 9, 2013

For $180.00 they should give you the Raid can, They should tell you how many spider webs you'll come across. In fact they should make it a guessing game..if you guess right, you get a free night stay and this infested cob web festival resort. Listen, I don't rent a place and inspect it with a white glove- but we walked in, I had cob webs and spiders in EVERY SINGLES CORNER of the room..Yes it was a big room, yes the owner at the front desk was very polite - but I'm not paying for nice-ness - we're pretty easy going..We're traveling short trips through VT and NY upper state...with two little boys and we just wanted a clean room. He boasted about how impressed we would be and would love the room and stay another night...well as I write this, I'm here and I can't wait to pack and take off...Went to the Tops market for some food and water and saw a can of OFF bug spray repellent..I was a sign..I should have bought it...

Room Tip: go to Best Western just next door
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nick J
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

We take great pride in maintaining the highest sanitation standards in all our rooms. A review of trip advisor reports will reflect that we are one of the top rated motels and we were awarded a certificate of excellence this year by trip advisor. Why would you wait until checkout the following day to report such problems. An inspection of your room was made immediately after your departure by one of our head housekeepers and myself, only a small amount of dust behind the headboard of one of the beds was noted. Furthermore no cobwebs or spiders were found anywhere in the room. However, we did observe a few spider webs on an outside light fixture and in a corner of an outside window. I assure you that any and all problems would have been dealt with immediately if they were reported in a timely fashion. Steve/Owner

Reviewed August 7, 2013

On our vacation we decided to spend a night in Saranac Lake.On the way there we ended up with a flat tire.After a delay we finally ended up at Sara_Placid motor inn.The owner went out of his way to assist us in dealing with the flat tire.It is rare these days to come across a business owner who realizes how important customer service is.The rooms and the location were also very impressive and we would definitely stay there again,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and all your comments. Hope to see ya again in the near future. Steve

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Steve was extremely helpful, he recommended a restaurant for us and called them to make sure they were open. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We will definately be staying here again. We found a new home away from home! The location and views made this place a very peaceful place.

• Stayed: July 2013
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Sara-Placid and our dinner recommendation. We look forward to your return visit. Steve

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I selected Sara-Placid based on previous TripAdvisor reviews, and can reaffirm the positive comments made by previous contributors. Steve is an affable fellow who offered a great rate and attentive service. My room was clean and spacious, and the views of the pond and Lake Flower were appreciated. If you play tennis, two "service-able" (pun!) courts are located directly across the street. If you have a room near the road, the occasional large truck passing by may rumble you a bit, but after all, a motor lodge is supposed to be located near the road.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, select a room furthest from the road (a well-traveled state route 86).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review and providing your comments. Hope to see you again soon. Steve

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've stayed at this same hotel EACH time I come up to The Adirondacks, and there have been many with much more to come! Every time I do stay here, I know I won't be disappointed! The owner, Steve and I have developed quite a friendship and are now on a first name basis. :) He accommodates me each time I call to inquire about a room & has not failed me. Rates are reasonable, the rooms are immaculant & the view is perfectly serene! I believe I may have even struck up a friendship with the geese! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at SaraPlacid Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you Marla for always staying with us, and all of your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Steve/Owner