“Relaxation at its best!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saranac Lake
Sara-Placid Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Saranac Lake
“Relaxation at its best!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Steve was extremely helpful, he recommended a restaurant for us and called them to make sure they were open. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We will definately be staying here again. We found a new home away from home! The location and views made this place a very peaceful place.

• Stayed July 2013
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Sara-Placid and our dinner recommendation. We look forward to your return visit. Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I selected Sara-Placid based on previous TripAdvisor reviews, and can reaffirm the positive comments made by previous contributors. Steve is an affable fellow who offered a great rate and attentive service. My room was clean and spacious, and the views of the pond and Lake Flower were appreciated. If you play tennis, two "service-able" (pun!) courts are located directly across the street. If you have a room near the road, the occasional large truck passing by may rumble you a bit, but after all, a motor lodge is supposed to be located near the road.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, select a room furthest from the road (a well-traveled state route 86).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in writing a review and providing your comments. Hope to see you again soon. Steve
Kingston, New York, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've stayed at this same hotel EACH time I come up to The Adirondacks, and there have been many with much more to come! Every time I do stay here, I know I won't be disappointed! The owner, Steve and I have developed quite a friendship and are now on a first name basis. :) He accommodates me each time I call to inquire about a room & has not failed me. Rates are reasonable, the rooms are immaculant & the view is perfectly serene! I believe I may have even struck up a friendship with the geese! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you Marla for always staying with us, and all of your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Steve/Owner
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Sara-Placid gets my vote (wife's too) for our number one place to stay in the Saranac/Lake Placid! area. The owner went out of his way to make us feel welcome. Clean, comfortable and spacious. Nice atmosphere and a view of the lake and pond. Restaurants and groceries nearby. We shall return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank amwolf
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks for all the positive comments and hope to see you again in the near future. Steve/Owner
Norwalk
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This room was a good fit. Free hbo and wifi and the bed was comfortable. A nice view and nice flat screen tv. Only bad thing I have to say is that during taking a shower the hot water kept turning cold but besides that everything was perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Terisa M
Thank you for your overall excellent rating. Sorry to hear that your water went from hot to cold occasionally. Don't know what the problem could have been. Thanks for bringing the issue to my attention. Steve
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've stayed there twice in the last year and found the accommodations both comfortable and very clean. The rooms are well-kept and attractive. All rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave which I need since everything closes early up in the North Country so I can eat when I need to. The owners are very accommodating and attentive to your needs. Would positively recommend this motel to anyone I know.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin M
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It was nice reading that we helped make your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you again in the near future. Steve/Owner
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had to book a place last minute for a memorial service. Tough to do with the Can-Am Hockey tournament ongoing. The Sara-Placid Motor Lodge had just 2 available rooms: one had two queen beds and the other had a king. My brother got to them first and booked the king; I got the 2 queens. The room was spacious and very clean. Flat screen tv, dinette table and chairs, refrigerator, coffee maker with supplies. My room had a separate vanity area with sink outside the bathroom. Nice set-up. The bed and pillows were VERY comfy, and the hotel manager was very nice. The only downside was the entrance to the office is very narrow and you can't fit more than 2 people at a time in it. The room lacked extra toilet paper and a box of tissues, which would have been supplied had we asked. And we had to ask for a can/bottle opener, which was graciously supplied. I would stay again.

Room Tip: stay in the actual motor lodge. Other properties owned by the motor lodge have gotten mixed reviews...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SaraPlacidMotorInn, Owner at Sara-Placid Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendations. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. Steve/Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saranac Lake
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid

Been to Sara-Placid Motor Inn? Share your experiences!