“HEAVENLY ADIRONDACK LAKE VIEW MOTEL”
Review of Adirondack Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saranac Lake
Adirondack Motel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Saranac Lake
Gainesville, Florida
“HEAVENLY ADIRONDACK LAKE VIEW MOTEL”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Homey, clean, owner operated and maintained, a real charmer. Just what one would want to stay in in the Adirondacks. Lake Flower is beautiful, good restaurants nearby. Also boat rentals. Hand made folkart quilts on beds. We have had family members coming here for years, this was our first time and we were not disappointed.

Bob E., Gainesville, FL

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I called at 7 am to ask for a room on the same day. The lady on the phone gave me a choice of 2 rooms. I picked one and was told the room will be available at 1pm.
We arrived around 2 and checked in. The owner was very helpful answering all our questions and marking maps for us. We were told about the complementary coffee and muffins served in the morning.
The room and washroom were small but very clean and had everything we needed. We could partially see the lake from the window which was a bonus. The place is very quiet and the lake views are relaxing. There are seats on the lake and on the dock.
We were given a user name and password for wireless internet. The internet speed and signal strength were exceptional. We were even able to use the internet while sitting at the very end of the dock.
We had a very comfortable night. The muffins were very tasty and freshly baked.
The owners are wonderful people. I liked their 2 dogs. They are very well behaved dogs. They do not approach you unless you call them.
I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k11Toronto
Upstate New Yorker
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The owners of this motel, Susan and Fred, are on site - which means they make you feel like family! That's why my husband and I did a return trip in June 2011! Although the weather was a bit wet for me we still enjoyed the wonderful views of Flower Lake! Fishing on the nearby lakes was awesome as well! The food at two nearby restaurants didn't disappoint us either. The efficiency room we stayed in gave us a nice view of Flower Lake! The owner bakes fresh muffins which we enjoyed with our complimentary coffee. I will definitely be returning to this area and this motel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sander53
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I arrived at the Adirondack Motel after a long but incredibly scenic drive up from the Finger Lakes district in NY state, through some of the most beautiful autumn scenery I have ever experienced. Early October is probably the best time to visit this area, and I had timed it perfectly.

Pulling into the driveway of the motel, my initial impressions were that it was a real 'Mom & Pop' motel, and it turned out to be just that. A real family run establishment, the personal touch setting it apart from all the faceless chain motels. Fred and Susan were very welcoming, showing me around the lovely grounds, pointing out all the amenities, directing me to my room (and giving me great tips on places to visit, eat, grab coffee etc during my stay).

The room was cozy, incredibly clean with all the mod cons; flat screen TV, fridge, desk etc. The bathroom was also incredibly clean and spacious. The only downside to the room was that it had no kitchen, but with good restaurants nearby this wasn't a problem.

After setting my luggage down I went back outside, and this is what also makes this place really special, walked to the edge of water literally 50 feet away. The motel sits right on the shore of Lake Flower and the view is sublime. I especially loved waking up, grabbing my complimentary cup of coffee and sitting on the lake shore as the sun rose. A wonderful start to each day.

The town of Saranac Lake is fantastic, a real working town but still very attractive due in part to it's setting in the mountains and lakes. The wider Adirondacks themselves are truly spectacular, it's one of the most beautiful places I have been to (and I've travelled through 35 countries, some multiple times).

So is the Adirondack Motel a little peace of heaven, in a heavenly part of world? Absolutely.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank atravelinman67
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I was there with two others during new years eve. It was a really good experience. When we checked in, we had a nice chat with Fred, the owner. Fred was super nice and told us all about the surrounding area of Saranac Lake - it sounded so nice he made all of us want to come back in the summer! I think they also have kayak and canoe free for hotel guests to use in the summer. Fred was also very helpful and suggested a lot of the area attractions (skiing, cross country skiing, skating, etc) that we could visit.

The rooms are a bit smaller but extremely clean and cozy. Bathrooms are spotlessly clean. They have wifi that are fast and secure because they have passwords for everybody. And I love how we woke up in the morning and stepped outside and the beautiful foggy lake was right in front of us. They are #1 in the area for a reason.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Westmoreland, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2010

This was a great place for out family to stay! We had a super clean room with a flat screen TV. Coffee and homemade muffins for breakfast. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We WILL stay there again!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 16, 2010

It is wonderful for Trip Advisor to provide this forum for feedback about the Adirondack Motel to prospective travelers, which gave us the information we needed to make our lodging decision. The motel was very clean, newly remodeled, had very comfortable beds and was quite peaceful. The hosts, Susan and Fred, were welcoming as were the spaniels, Jack and Daisy. I could not think of any other option that met all of our needs for this vacation stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid

Been to Adirondack Motel? Share your experiences!