“Poutine”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Schroon Lake
“Poutine”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

After reading an article in Adirondack Life, I took my friend to the Meet and Greet. I had Poutine just like in the article (my first Poutine) and she had a reuben. We waited a long time, but there was a sign on the counter saying everything was home made on the spot so expect to wait. We waited a long time. Had a bottle of beer been available, I would have sat and relaxed, but I found myself pacing. HOWEVER, the food was truly excellent and enjoyable and worth the wait. Next time I am trying the brussel sprouts!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mammabell50

New York City, New York
“Best place to eat in the Adirondacks”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is the best place to eat up in North Country and I don't know what I'd put in second place. Nothing approximates this. The food is made to order, so there's a wait. Who cares. This is the most personal dining experience you can find for these prices. I had the braised short-ribs and they were truly remarkable. The next day my girlfriend came back and tried the meatload which was also excellent. A great and idiosyncratic restaurant. Go.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank dwmartin77
Saranac lake
“Best food in town.”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Every plate I have had there was amazing. The meat is always cooked to perfection. The restaurant is a little on the small side but don't let that fool you there food is perfect.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Perry_Spring
Montville, Connecticut
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

While nothing spectacular we still had the best lunch in Saranac Lake Village. The hamburger was large cooked a little well done and the ham and cheese sandwich was very good with a lot of ham. The French fries were better than average. The price was relatively reasonable.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Krieger H
Saranac Lake, New York
“Eat 'n Meat a Plenty”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The variety of items changes frequently but every item is delicious and contains a big helping of meat. The Reuben is excellent and the gyros are superb. For the non meat eaters the vegetarian items are flavorful and served in plentiful portions. Get the menu online, call ahead, and enjoy.

• Visited July 2014