“Hidden gem”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
weluvadks
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Whenever we come for a visit to Saranac Lake, Eat n Meet is one of our must haves for dinner. The menu is creative and sourced by local farmers. The wait is long but everything is made to order. Yum!!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank weluvadks

Rochester, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If really good food is what you're looking for, Eat and Meet is the place to go. We loved it so much we went out of our way to go back again and again on our trip to the Adirondacks. You can't be in a hurry to eat as they begin each dish fresh when you order it, but it is absolutely worth the wait. The prices are also incredibly reasonable considering the quality of the food. A gem!

Visited December 2012
New York City
“So lucky to eat there often!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'm so fortunate to have the Eat n' Meet on my ride home from work. I can eat there at least weekly. The prices are very fair and if you can work around the wait time or play your cards right and order ahead, things will be great. I'm never in a hurry though so it works out good for me. Sometimes I order and then go to the Rusty Nail for a beer then pick up my food. I roll with the silver tin special 24/7, it's always 12 dollars, usually I eat half then heat it up later that night when I'm watching Miami Vice reruns on VHS. I've been going there longer than Don Johnson's johnson. Saranac Lake is very fortunate to have this eatery.

• Visited October 2013
Saranac Lake, New York
“Attention To Detail, Quality Ingredients, Masterful Chef, and the Highest Level of SERVICE”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Although, I will be just reiterating what has already been said, I feel compelled to write my first Trip Advisor review to commend the owners of the Eat 'n Meet Grill in Saranac Lake, NY. Working in the hotel industry I am very familiar with the importance of customer service, and tonight, the owners certainly provided the highest level. I moved to town about 3 months ago and have been trying to find good places to eat on a regular basis, however, with the exception of a couple of other places, I have been disappointed by the lack of options. After eating here at Eat 'n Meet Grill 3 times in the past two weeks, I am confident that I have found a staple dining establishment that I can regular for many occasions.

Tonight I dined on Turkey Meatballs covered in a fresh, hearty, tomato sauce, on top of a warm pillowy bed of herbed goat cheese polenta. It was one of the specials for this evening and it really hit the mark. The creamy polenta was contrasted so nicely with the bright, tangy, and truly garden fresh tomato sauce. This is how my mom taught me to properly make tomato sauce, not resembling anything ever coming from a jar or can. The attention to detail I referred to in the title was motivated by the fresh basil sprig that adorned the top of the sauce and further complimented the tomato sauce. I ordered this meal for pick up and was greater very warmly by the one of the owners, Colleen, on the phone. She instructed me that it would be about 35 minutes until my food would be ready to be picked up. When I arrived I was also met with a very warm welcome by the head chef and owner, John. We chatted for a few minutes and I walked out of the restaurant feeling good, with a smile on my face, with wonderful aromas emanating from my take-out bag, anxious to try this evenings dinner special.

When I returned to my job and opened the bag I felt heat coming off both to-go containers which surprised me a bit because I had ordered some of their deliciously light, sweet, and tangy, dill-infused cole-slaw. However, to my dismay I saw no cole-slaw in the bag. I opened the second container to find what I soon discovered to be plantain dumplings. I tried one, and although they were quite tasty, they were a bit of a different flavor profile than the italian themed dish I ordered and I had hoped for some of the tart cole-slaw to add some fresh veggies and sort of cleanse my pallet after a hearty meal. I called John back to let him know that it was certainly no big deal and that I would just get the coleslaw next week when I came back for SOME OF THE BEST FRIED CHICKEN ON EARTH! (MUST TRY!!!) He politely apologized and agreed that would be fine and he would throw in some extra slaw for me in my next order. I hung up the phone and finished eating the delicious meal I was still savoring. About five minutes later I heard someone come in to my place of work and popped up from my desk to see who it was. To my amazement it was the owner bringing me the cole-slaw! This was so far above and beyond the call of duty, however, I was extremely grateful and I am still sipping the juices from the bottom of the container after devouring the crunchy slaw.

My girlfriend told me a few months ago that God blesses the man who does not let food go to waste and it must be true because ever since I have started living by that motto, more and more blessings have appeared in my life, and this meal was certainly one of them. Thanks for creating a memorable experience.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“5 Star Restaurant Food”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Need I say more than the food here is as good as any fine dining or 5 star restaurant that we've been to!

"Meet" the owners, who are not only friendly, but will gladly act as your tour guides in their recommendations of what to do as a family in the Adirondack region.

• Visited July 2013