“this is not a regular restaurant”
Review of Eat 'n Meet Grill and larder - CLOSED

Eat 'n Meet Grill and larder
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tel Aviv, Israel
“this is not a regular restaurant”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Entering the restaurant - you will see a very small place with 2 tables. Ones you order, the lady takes your order and starts preparing it. It is slow and for us, took almost an hour..
you can then go upstairs (from the outside) to eat in the open balcony - the lady will bring the food to you. you can take some beverages from the fridge or buy and bring your own.
Sitting upstairs is in a picnic tables and the food comes in disposable dishes. you can also decide to take is "to go"
All in all, this is a good experience and the food was good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank oritkis

Mexico City
“Just terrific”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

We were a hungry biking party of 11 people that crashed them as they were closing. They kindly stayed open. Yes, the atmosphere is funky but we amused ourselves with their wide assortment of spices, hot sauces and condiments. The food turned out to be out of this world. My fish sandwich was the best I've had in years, including at seaside. A companion's salad looked beautiful. The kids thought the macaroni 'n cheese rocked. I would go far out of my way for this place. Colleen (I believe) was really gracious with our party and warned us that the meals would take half an hour to prepare.

2 Thank Tim_Jo1
Victor, New York
“Hamburgers n More”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great food! Very unique food choices, which had our group of 9 really having a hard time which meal to choose! From the locally grown beef, to the fish taco, everything tasted really fresh. Although the seating was very limited, especially for a group our size, we thought the food was so good, we were deciding how to get back to try some of the other dishes.

A recommendation - check out the menu online first, and then CALL AHEAD! The cooks did their best to keep all of the meals moving, but it was pretty busy - luckily, we called ahead, and we didn't have to wait too long.

Based on the number of people going in and out, others did the same. We couldn't stop talking about this place!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank LaRocque2012
“Poor service, poor atmosphere and 1.25hr wait for sandwiches.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We arrived as they opened at noon today. We waited outside until they were "ready" (@ 15 minutes) and placed our order at the counter...and then waited over an hour for 1 salad, a few sides and 4 sandwiches. Really? We had 3 kids under 4 years old so leaving and waiting again somewhere else seemed like not a good option either. Food was good but atmosphere was terrible and service was rude and abrupt. As if we were bothering them by showing up to order food. We won't be back.

Saranac Lake, New York
“I always leave happy!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had to take their phone number out of my address book because it just got too easy to rely on the Eat 'N Meet when we wanted something tasty and satisfying for dinner, but were too tired to cook ourselves. We like some of the "rustic" constants on the menu...beef patties, reubens, fish tacos. meatloaf, coq au vin...and we really appreciate some of the more refined specials. Soups are always awesome - we keep one or two in our freezer regularly. Now and again there is something that doesn't come the way we expect from how it was described, but that said, I always leave happy. I would advise health conscious eaters to ask if they want something light because the food is usually rich in calories as well as taste. There are healthier options, but it's not always apparent. Too bad that the last reviewer did not stay to eat. It's true, I occasionally what to start organizing, but look in the kitchen, it's extremely clean. (I used to work in them, so I know the difference between cluttered and unclean. It's a huge one) Last, but not least, they are very community-minded and do a lot to contribute. Sit outside in the summer- it's like being in a tree house!

• Visited May 2012