“Reasonably priced pub fare with a warm, homey atmosphere”

Fireside BBQ & Grill
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Salt Point
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Millbrook, New York
“Reasonably priced pub fare with a warm, homey atmosphere”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I like Fireside and go their often, but I only order certain things from the menu. I LOVE their chips and Salsa - the chips are home made and warm when they arrive at the table. I also enjoy their salads and have had some very good steaks. However, I've also had some entrees that aren't quite up to snuff. But overall, I keep going back because I like the atmosphere, the service, and the appetizers and salads. However, watch out if you go to Fireside after 8:30PM on Karaoke night...you might hear a few off key singers!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MMB12545

“Worth the trip out to Salt Point for really good BBQ”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I am a business traveler and eat BBQ & brisket from Austin to the Carolina's. For a local place right in our own backyard to be this good is special. I plan on making fireside a regular stop to try more menu items. Right now I'm impressed and look forward to trying future visits. I'm a sauce guy so not having choices is an issue with me but not a show stopper.

• Visited April 2013
Highland
“Good Meal for the Money”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went with friends on another trip to the Fireside and I found the food to be good and the place lively. I had the tri-tip and it was excellent. The sides of mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables were also tasty. The waitress was very friendly but she made a couple miscues on her service. Putting that aside I would venture out to the Fireside for another meal. Give them a try as I believe you will like the place.

• Visited March 2013
Pleasant Valley, New York
“Superb bbq tri tip beef”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Its been awhile since I last came to the Fireside so when my husband and I were discussing where to go for his recent birthday we decided to head down the road to Fireside for some delicious bbq. Got there early ( around 5pm) on a Thursday and seemed to beat the family crowds by about 15 mins. We got a cozy booth for two in a quiet corner and immediately ordered drinks. The mugs of beer were iced and the brew was from draft and absolutely enjoyable. Plenty to drink with our meal of bbq tri tip beef, 1/2 a bbq chicken, baby back pork ribs and pulled pork.
the portions were humongous and the sides were quite large also. We got onion rings, baked beans and cole slaw. There was so much to eat that it hardly looked like either of us touched it. Had to have it boxed up, but what we were able to gobble down was so tender and smoky from being bbq'd . The chicken was half of a very large bird but it was so flavorful and I found myself taking my fingers and picking at the bird! The baked beans were good too. They were
not heavy in molasses, had a little chopped onion and a nice piece of salt pork in them. yummy.
I asked the waitress if the onion rings were home made, no, but still they were extremely good.
Next time, we won't wait so long to go back.
The prices are very good especially when you see the size the portions are and the server was very quick to check on us throughout the night.

• Visited February 2013
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Cozy, Warm, Fun Establishment”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for the second time recently to Fireside BBQ & Grill. Each experience was great! The food is delicious; we had pulled pork and barbeque spare ribs with fries. True, awesome comfort food on a chilly day. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. We can't wait to go back again this winter.

• Visited October 2012