“Beautiful, serene weekend at Caldwell House”

Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Calwell house for a relaxing weekend away from the city, it was fantastic! John and Dena were extremely accommodating and fantastic hosts. Both breakfasts were absolutely delicious. We stayed in the Freedom Trail room in the carriage house and it was absolutely worth it. Highly highly recommend reserving a room with a fire place-- not because the house is cold (very cozy, and you can adjust the heat in your room) but because it really added to our stay and made us feel even cozier. Hope to come back and highly recommend!

Room Tip: Freedom Trail in the Carriage house has a fire place and a jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

We are so happy that you had such a nice time here, especially knowing the terrible time you had with the airlines just to get here!
You guys are a wonderful couple and we look forward to seeing you here again real soon!
Hoping 2014 is your best year yet,

There are newer reviews for Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife, infant daughter and I had a wonderful (short) visit to the Caldwell House. John and Dena were excellent, responsive hosts. The newly opened Carriage House offers great new options for guests.

Room Tip: We stayed in the brand new Freedom Trail room, which is separate from the main house and so was perf...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. When we decided to remodel the Carriage House we decided that it was important to have a room that was completely separate from the others so that we could accommodate small families or others with special needs.
The architect and builders did an awesome job and the room is providing guests with just what they were looking for.
We hope to see you often over the coming years!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This past New Years, I stayed at the Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast. Although I have been a guest several times in the past, I figured it was time to write a review. John and Dena are spectacular hosts and their professionalism, and welcoming personalities truly made my stay even more remarkable. When I arrived, they brought me throughout the main house of the B&B to give me a tour to see the new (and beautiful I might add) renovations! The room I stayed in, "Tressel", had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, I was amazed! The room, bedding, and bathroom were especially clean. The housekeeping staff, whom I also met, were very friendly and accomodating. I also find it unique how every room had an iPad in it. It made making plans for new years, finding restaurants, and figuring out directions easy when I was relaxing before bed.

The amazing hospitality, Dena's decadent food, and the unparalleled service and comfort John, Dena, and the staff of the Caldwell House provided are a few of the reasons why I tell all of my friends and family about it. John and Dena run an amazing business, and the success of the B&B is an outstanding reflection of their hard work, dedication, and passion for the industry and their guests. If you have not stayed there before, it really is essential for you are missing out on one of the greatest B&B experiences in the Hudson Valley!

Excellent job John and Dena - keep up the great work!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review.
You've stayed with us enough times that you feel like family to us. We sure hope that we'll continue to see you a lot in the future.
Until next time, we hope that 2014 is the very best year yet for you!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We decided to spend the night at the Caldwell House while house hunting in the area.
We made the right decision.
We literally spent hours talking to Dena and John. They were full of great information and advice.
The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the jacuzzi was just what we needed after a long day. From the IPad in the room, to the fireplace, cookies and coffee, all the perfect touches were there. They also recommended tons of things to do and restaurants to try.
Dena's breakfast was amazing, with an interesting and delicious curried fruit and the best lemon poppyseed with orange muffin.
All was outstanding. A must try!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We hope that it won't be long before we are able to say, "howdy neighbor!"

Thanks so much for the kind review. It was our pleasure to host you and we really enjoyed the chance to sit and chat with you.

Please come see us again soon - until then, we hope that 2014 is the best yet for you!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Let me start by saying, when we arrive we were greeted by Dena and she immediately made us feel at home. She took us on a brief tour and showed us our room. We stayed in the Harmony Hill Room. The room was well decorated, loaded with technology, and simply comfortable. The bed was top quality. They even had a I-Pad in the room for our use. They thought of everything.

Aside from the amenities of the room, the house itself was beautiful. We did not spend a lot of time in the common areas due to our our schedule. I can't say enough about John and Dena, the hosts. They made us feel like family. They made sure we were comfortable. The breakfasts were fabulous. Sunday we had Gingerbread French Toast. That alone was worth the trip!

If you are thinking about staying in Orange County, NY, there is nothing to think about. Stay at the Caldwell House. If it is not available on the dates you want, change your dates. It is that good.

Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: The Harmony Hill Room was fantastic. Love the double sided fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We really appreciate your wonderful review. We are so proud of how the Harmony Hill (and now the Carriage House) renovations have turned out.
We set out to provide our guests with not just simply a Bed" to stay in but a room that they will enjoy spending time in.
We really hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

i usually do not write reviews on trip advisor;howvever the Caldwell House deserves a write up. My sister was actullay married there this past weekend, November 22nd. She and her husband wanted an eleagant small wedding with just our immediate family. There are no words to describe how wonderful Dena and John were and how they gave such attention to every detail. My family and I were blown away by their hospitality and we will never forget how special and beautiful they made this day. Truly amazng individuals!!! I would highly recommend Caldwell House for anyone who wants a lovely location to visit and who wants to be really treated well. Quite an impressive B and B...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

We can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed hosting the wedding and having your wonderful family here with us.
Everything about Pamela's story is so moving and incredible. Being a small part in helping to get her married life off to a great start was an honor we will cherish for a very long time.
We sure hope to see you and all your family members here at the Caldwell House again!

All the best for a happy, healthy, and safe Holiday Season,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Caldwell House after doing one of the Hudson Valley Wine Tours (Wreath Fineries at the Wineries). The house is very beautiful and clean, the bed extremely comfortable, the sheets were heaven and the room very clean and nice. The proprietors were very friendly and nice and the breakfast was truly to die for. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B for anyone visiting the area to wine taste, bike, rock climb, or take in any number of other activities that you can enjoy in the area. Prices were reasonable. There are also a number of restaurants nearby if you don't feel like driving (one is within walking distance). Beautiful place - just go!

Room Tip: We are on a budget so stayed in the Trestle room, which had a brand new TV in it. I peeked into a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
jfinneran, Owner at Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We kept commenting, after everyone left on Sunday, what a wonderful group of folks we had with us last weekend - you, of course, being one of them. Everyone was so pleasant, friendly, and fun. We were so sad to see you go!
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll come back to see us again real soon.
Until then, please have a happy, healthy, and safe Holiday Season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury Mills
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa
The Roundhouse
The Roundhouse
#2 of 2 in Beacon

Been to Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!