“Charming property and owners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hopkims House Farm is a slice of Americana. Located a few miles outside of picturesque Salem,
it is a beautifully restored farmhouse that is a charming and relaxing way to step back into time.

Charlie ans Aggy are are a wonderfully inviting and interesting couple. And, Charlie makes a mean scrambled egg.

Dogs, donkeys, and lots of history make this an inviting and homey hospitality. Though I love my Marriotts, I would take Hopkins House any night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great place to stay! It is a beautiful old home and farm with lovely rooms, comfortable bed and a great breakfast. Charlie and Aggie were perfect hosts. The surrounding area was lovely. We plan to stay at Hopkins House Farm again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Charlie and Aggie are the welcoming hosts in their 1790 farm house. We have stayed there several times and have loved each visit. The farm has beautiful barns and other outbuildings, with a beautiful view down the valley. Excellent breakfasts and good conversations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very relaxed and accommodating. Nice change from hotels on business. Charlie and Aggie deliver a perfect mix of company and space to make you feel comfortable. Charlie satisfied my need for an early breakfast with grace and conversation.

Pete Perron

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center. 7 miles into town on your bicycle. Perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was a wonderful Bed and Breakfast for us to stop and have a little Rest and Relaxation during our travels from Maine to Maryland. The location was fabulous, we were close to tons of antique shops where we picked up a few goodies and also had the opportunity to visit Lake George which was only about 1/2 hour away. The interior of the home is filled with many antiques books and paintings to enjoy - for me, it was "eye candy". Especially loved hearing my boyfriends niece play beautiful music on the grand piano... and the dining room (incredibly warm and inviting) allowed all of us to enjoy wonderful breakfasts together - just loved the way they ground that coffee in the old time crank grinder, its on my list to get one for myself to remind me of my stay at Hopkins Farm Bed & Breakfast. My son fished on the small pond and believe it or not actually caught his first fish, he was so proud, the fish was huge. And he just loved all the animals, especially the donkey's.... Just couldn't get enough, cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely. Thank You Charles and Aggy for a wonderful stay at Hopkins House Bed &...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to stay at the Hopkins House Bed and Breakfast Farm after being invited to a wedding reception near Salem. Charlie and Aggie made us feel right at home in this incredible house (it's over 200 years old!). Our room was very comfortable, breakfast was fresh and delicious, and the house and grounds are absolutely lovely. Beautiful scenery, wonderful people, overall a fantastic and incredibly relaxing stay. If you make it out here, be sure to say hi to all the animals that call this farm their home - it was the highlight of our stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just stayed with Charlie and Aggie for the 3rd time and my 6 year old son always feels very welcome. Charlie and Aggie are used to having their grandchildren around and are so great with my son. They take him to visit the donkeys with carrots, suggest games he might like from their cache of children's games, puzzles, etc., answer his endless questions and cook him what he likes for breakfast!! It doesn't get much better than this! I've really enjoyed getting to know Charlie and Aggie. Their comfy, casual, beautiful house suits us perfectly. They serve delicious fresh food - it is only a pleasure staying with them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!