“gamble eat and drink!!!”

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed @ Seneca Allegany and we loved it !! I have gambled here before but never stayed in hotel. This is an extremely clean hotel and casino. Our room was spotless,walk in shower mini fridge, king size bed, plenty of room for clothes.We enjoyed the buffet much better than average!! Service was excellent during our stay,professional staff,they allowed us to check in early which is always nice. Seneca has 2 upscale restaurants a steakhouse and a Italian eatery. We only stayed 1 night and did not sample either. Casino is well laid out, plenty of slots,video poker and card games. They allow smoking,but we never noticed any smell and it never bothered us. Easy drive 2.5 hours from Cleveland, scenic drive too!! Seneca also has concerts indoor and outdoors too!! We just missed The Moody Blues and Steely Dan concerts by a week. DAMM!! If Presque Isle is a hot dog than Seneca Allegany is a steak!! Check it out!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Galaxypro
There are newer reviews for Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed here on business and was very pleased. Rooms are large and tastefully done. Bathroom is huge. WIFI is great, plugs near the beds and very quiet. The price was great and if you don't mind the casino atmosphere, this is the place to stay in the area. Restaurants were nice and food was good. A super clean friendly atmosphere too. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone and for vacationers with kids it is easy to avoid the casino so don't be afraid.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Thomasfrank
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed at Seneca Allegany for 3 nights. Our room was as expected, 5 star. This area is so peaceful and stress free, the green mountains are so beautiful to look at in the morning. The casino is larger than I expected which was great, lots of machines to choose from however the machines were very tight. As for the complaints of the smoke.....there is a very tiny non smoking area however I believe most of the non smokers were out in the smoking area as there are more machines to choose from. My friend who came with me is a non smoker and he said the smoke wasn't too bad at all. We ate at the buffet for dinner which was good and in the mornings I would go up the escalator to the café and get a take out tea and bagel. I also went for a haircut at the Seneca Salon which was only $39.00, my hair turned out great.
Even though we didn't win anything we had a great time and will return next summer because the Allegany mountains are so beautiful to look at.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We love the Seneca hotel and Resort & Casino. We stay once a month in this resort !
It is a great place for some fun and relaxation ! De rooms are beautiful ,large, and well organized and some have a great view. The restaurants serve great food. We like the buffet who has a great selection of food. The hotel is only 10 miles from Holyday Valley ski and golf resort.
The casino has a variety of slots and have a very friendly staff. The pool area is also very nice and well kept. We will be back again,..

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bruggeling
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful but what really makes it a standout is the service. Spotless rooms, excellent food options and just about the friendliest staff I have ever encountered . The casino has a huge variety of slots and the machines are always in working order and spotless.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank n4o1r3m5e2
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Last week my husband and I went to Seneca Allegany for a 2 day get away. This is the 3rd time we have been to, and stayed in, this resort. The rooms are beautiful - very spacious, nice furnishings, and a great view of the local mountains. The rooms are also the cleanest rooms I have stayed in anywhere. We have stayed in some bigger name hotels that, in my opinion, should have been much better based on their reputation, but Seneca really tops all of them. The first time you think maybe you just got lucky, but after 3 stays with impeccable rooms there is no doubt this is their standard. When I washed my hands I splashed the mirror a little and had to wipe it off because everything else was so clean it makes you want to maintain that environment.
Additionally, everyone in the hotel was very friendly. The casino is a little smoky, but that is the price you pay when you are a nonsmoker in a casino. The surrounding area actually has quite a few options if you aren't into gambling. We drove to Olean to see the squirrels (didn't see any live ones, though...) and went in a fabulous hardware store that has everything you could imagine! A short drive in just about any direction will lead you to some type of activity, museum, etc.
We will certainly be back! Actually we talked about going back this week because we love it so much, but that isn't very responsible - LOL!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovinatlanticcity
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th staying at this resort. Little disappointed this past visit. Room was very cold no matter what we set the thermostat to. I don't if this changed from my previous visit but the room did not have a regular lock on the inside just a door stopper. Seneca cafe slow service. Ordered 2 bowls of soup, a cheeseburger, soup and salad and an order of cheese sticks. Took 45 minutes to come out and for a thursday night the cafe was not busy. Couple of cheese sticks came out with no cheese in them due to over frying them. Spoke to a manager about the poor service and only knocked the cheese sticks off the bill. Pool was nice but the hot tub was way to hot less then a minute in and you sweated too much. Casino was nice as always but for paying $177 on a friday night. Ill stick to my home casino here in niagara.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!