“Very nice hotel, in middle of no where”

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights already and tonight is my last night. I'm so glad I found this place. I'm doing work in Coudersport, Pa and it's a 57 mile, 1 hour drive but so worth it. Last time I stayed in Coudersport which is like the town of Mayberry, they pick up the sidewalks and close everything down at 9pm and your food choices are slim. I have a king room on the 10th floor looking at the mountains. Room is super clean and giant. Shower could probley fit an entire family in it. Everything is really nice here. I picked this place for the restaurants , because I like to have a drink with dinner and when your driving a company vehicle last thing you need is to get pulled over. Only complaint is that the casino is soooo smokey. Why even have a non smoking section if their isn't even a separation between them both. I'm not a big gambler anyway so just letting you know about the smoke. I now actually look forward to working in Coudersport, which is a good thing because I will be going there 4 times a year, every 3 months for 1 week. I also left reviews on the restaurants too. That's all I have to say. Can't wait to come back

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thanks, heaterguy100, for finding us in the center of everything that the Southern Tier has to offer! I tried to locate your reservation based on your review, but realized that every one of our oversized rooms have breathtaking mountain views.
We're thrilled that you've found us and we also take air quality seriously. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to serving you again soon.
All the best!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just returned from an overnight at the hotel and was very impressed with the hotel amenities and staff. The room was large, had a king size bed, came with a bar fridge and had a view of the mountain which I imagine would be spectacular in the fall. The only problem for us being non smokers was the smell of cigarrette smoke coming in through a small vent in the room. It was strong enough that I moved our clothes out of that area which was the luggage storage table. As for the casino, we could only last 5 minutes on the floor before we couldn't take the smoke any longer. What surprises me is another comment that the ventilation is better at this casino then the Niagara Falls location, really? Even the non- smoking section was blue and for some of us that are not slot machine players a little disappointing that there were not any tables in that area.I expected some smoke but it was unbelievable, you could see it in the air when sitting in the second floor restaurants. It is unfortunate that they couldn't improve the non-smoking area (maybe have access without having to go through the smoking area!) or the ventilation because it would be a place we would return to for a night if we were in the area again. We ate at Patria restaurant and the staff were very nice and professional but we were not overly impressed with the food considering the reviews- calamari dish was terrible, over coated and rubbery; mussels small and sandy; pizza margherita had whole CANNED plum tomatos plopped on it which made the pizza soggy.
Overall the hotel could be a 5 star if only they could do something about the smoke, even something as small as making the lobby smoke free. This is a smokers paradise- unfortunately.

Room Tip: ask for a top floor as maybe the ventilation may be better and you won't have smoke in the room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your stay, Sarah P. While we are happy to hear that our facility is thisclose from being a 5-star in your book, we do strive for success and your feedback is important in helping us create a better experience for you and others for years to come. I have also passed along your comments to our Executive Chef regarding your experience at Patria and I would love for the opportunity to earn your trust in us. Sarah P., would you please contact me directly when planning your next getaway as I would be thrilled to help make your next stay better than your last.
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Absolutely fabulous room on the 6th floor - king size bed gave me the best sleep I've gotten in a long time! Quiet - nice place for your mini getaway! The ventalation in the casino area seemed better than Seneca Niagara - the service in the bar area - wonderful! Buffet in the evening adequate. Definately going back!

Room Tip: king - nonsmoking was our choice
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your stay and review, Helen G! While we certainly take pride in our facility, we would encourage you to give Seneca Niagara another go as well--our flagship property just finished work on extensive renovations which include a $6M upgrade of the HVAC system.
Of course, nothing beats the great scenery of the Southern Tier and we can't wait for your next visit to WOW you again. All the best!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

It's in a bit of a run down area but the hotel is a gem. Very clean and updated. Big rooms with walk-in stone shower and separate sitting area. The Italian restaurant was great but breakfast buffet not so much. We had a blast at the casino but it is VERY smoky so beware. There is a small non smoking area that didnt have a smoky smell like we thought it might. Some parts of the day was very hard to get a drink from the waitresses. Overall we had a great time and would go back again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014

First visit in March 2014 to the Seneca Allegany on a promotion that they had on their website. We stayed in a top floor king size room and found it to be very clean, spacious and enjoyable. Compared the room to some top shelf Vegas rooms we had stayed in before. Enjoyed how quiet it was, and the casino and buffet were relatively quiet for the time of year as well. Would definitely recommend if you are in the area, and consider anything under a $100 a night a real deal! Will be back again!

Room Tip: Room with a view! The mountains are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madstal
Reviewed March 30, 2014

While the room we has was nice and clean there were several areas of dissapoinment for us during our 2 day stay.

First, maybe we are naive, but we had no idea that the smell of smoking would blast us in the face at checkin. Yep, they can smoke on the casino floor and it inflitrates the entire place. My eyes actually burned after spending a few hours on the gamming floor. They do have a small section for non-smoking, but without walls so the smell still comes right to your nose.

Second, we checked in late on a Thursday night. While driving in we read on a billboard that for a Thursday night stay there would be $30 of free play. When we got to the front desk and inquired we were told we had needed to book this at the time of making a reservation. How would I have know that and that is not what the billboard said. The front desk clerk did make a call, but was told that there only allow so many of these Thursday night bookings and it was sold out. So, in my opinion, that is false advertising. Maybe they should take down the billboard rather than have folks like me get excited and then be let down.

Third, as I mentioned we did check in late on Thursday night. The only food available was from the cafe and we elected not to purchase "boxed" items.

Fourth, we were told by several Casino employees that if we had dinner at the buffet we would recevie free play of $15.00. Well apparently most of the employees don't know that this offer is not valid on Saturday night. I am glad I asked before purchasing the buffet otherwise I would have been let down again.

We probably wouldn't go again as they often didn't live up to their promotion. If you promote something than honor the promotion. If you don't plan to honor the promotion, don't tell me about it.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the lounge behind the blue walls. There was a great band there on Saturday nig...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingNYScouple
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went for a skiing weekend, Holiday Valley (15-20 min. away) Everything was excellent, newly renovated rooms, new furniture, nice pictures on the wall, there was no bad smell or anonymous odor. Perfectly clean, and great smell. Pool area with Jacuzzi, wonderful. Excellent recommendation for families with little kids and for couples too. Casino is a great plus. Stuff is very friendly. You don't need to worry about parking, you just give your car key at the front desk and they drive your car and bring it to you when you need them. Also, something very convenient, your luggage, they transfer on a stroller, from your car to your room, you just could give them a little tip for that great favor. All that comfort and pleasure makes you to feel like a queen or king.
I would definitely come again.
Restaurant and Casino is open 24 hours. And if you book your staying one month ahead you can get a really good price. We paid $100 per night for whole family (3+2)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank djinakatarina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Best Western Plus University Inn
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!