Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
$75
Tamarack Club(Ellicottville)(Great Value!)
$147
Hotels.com
Inn at Holiday Valley(Ellicottville)(Great Value!)
$145
Hotels.com
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville(Ellicottville)(Great Value!)
$129
$89
All reviewscasino floorhot tubnon smokingfavorite casinofree roomgreat casinorooms are beautifulcorner suitehuge showerwalk in showerindoor poolwestern doorsmoking roomparking garageniagara fallsthunder mountaincommon areas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the minute we drove up and had FREE valet parking, the entire experience with the staff and the hotel in general was spectacular. The room was a great size for myself and two kids; very nicely decorated -- and most importantly, clean! The entire property was kept up very nicely; obviously, management takes pride in the whole operation. Free wifi always appreciated. The buffet dinner at the hotel restaurant was reasonable and absolutely tasty! Unfortunately, we only stayed one night and didn't have time to make it to the indoor pool...maybe next time -- if we ever visit Salamanca again, we will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor -- had a great view and no noise from either other guests or outside elements.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlene R
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Some of our rooms ARE the size of Texas, Charlene R. from Cypress! Thank you for the exceptional review and for pointing out some of our best perks like FREE valet parking and wifi. From door to door, your satisfaction is our goal to ensure your many happy returns. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything about the casino & hotel rooms are fine with the exception of the check in staff. My sister & husband were unable to get a room for the sat night but had one booked for Sun/Mon. Even though our room was comped they have a $10/pers extra room charge. To me this is ridiculous as we are all gambling & is $20 going to make a difference to the casino? We have stayed at many casinos including Seneca niagara & have never encountered this charge. Checkout took forever maybe staff inexperienced but could certainly have had a better attitude. Not very welcoming or friendly at check in or check out.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 3cardpoker111
Reviewed July 8, 2013

People are always quick to let others know of a bad experience or place so it is nice to have the opportunity to share a place I will continue to go back to.We have visited this property more than once and are never disappointed with the lovely room, the friendly helpful staff or the food that we have eaten. The rooms are pleasantly decorated with a comfortable bed and pillows and a large bathroom area. Housekeeping has done a good job in cleaning and keeping things in nice condition. The casino is very enjoyable (more so when I win) with a variety of different slots and table games there is something for everyone. The casino staff and wait staff are very friendly and there is always someone cleaning up the area. I have been to the spa to have a manicure and pedicure and they were able to arrange around my schedule and made this an enjoyable and relaxing time. When I arrived I felt as if I had been a long time client. For a pleasant and relaxing get away this is the place that would fit the bill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RMP1971

Thank you, RMP1971! So happy to hear that we recognized you as a repeat client at our Spa--it's what we're all about as we strive to build loyal relationships through warm and friendly smiles, clean spaces, and prompt service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I recently spent four days at this hotel/casino to celebrate our anniversary and my hubby's birthday. We had a corner suite with a Jacuzzi and it was wonderful. We were on the 10th floor so we had a nice view out the windows and the room was absolutely spotless! I am coffee drinker so I enjoyed having a Keurig coffee pot in the room. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom and shower were huge.

I wish there were a few more choices of restaurants, but overall the food was good. The buffet was typical (not great but it had a few good choices). The casino was also spotless, and the slot machines were a bit tight (although one night we cashed out a lot of tickets for a total of about $950...not bad for penny slot machines). I like that the drinks were free while we were playing in the casino, and the waitresses were very attentive. We didn't have to wait long for our drinks.

As a non-smoker, I wish there were more slot machines in the non-smoking area, but that is the norm for most casinos we go to. I hope to go back again as we had a wonderful time! And the road to the casino is now being paved, so the next trip should be a smoother ride. We didn't go to the pool, but everyone else said it was nice so maybe next time we will check it out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to celebrate with us and for sharing your experience, steeler1127! The Seneca Allegany team appreciates your recognition--it's what keeps us happy to ensure that your comfort is our pleasure. Happy anniversary and birthday!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The entire resort is very pretty and clean. The room we had was very nice. The 4 star rating is deserved in my opinion. It was a pretty, relaxing drive once we got off I90 just past Erie PA. We arrived about 2pm on a Saturday. We were welcomed by the registration staff and checked into a very nice king smoking room (per our request). The front desk staff were friendly, helpful and happy to satisfy a couple of special requests I made. The casino and public areas throughout were very clean. I read some reviews griping about smoking in the casino, etc. We are smokers and appreciate it very much when we are "allowed" to smoke indoors. It is a nice relaxing break for us to go to a casino, have a cocktail and a cigarette..all at the same time! So thank you Seneca for that and for allowing people to still enjoy a cigarette after a meal. It is for this very reason that we do NOT go to Ohio casinos. Only food venue we visited was the Seneca Cafe. The food was good & plentiful..the price is comparable to any other restaurant offering the same diner/pub fare. The hostess and "express" register staff didn't seem to want to work with each other and maybe this was an isolated incident. Certainly not a deal breaker and not worth making a complaint over. Pool area was nicely done, clean and relaxing. Overall...great place to visit and I hope we will be going back again.

Room Tip: We were put in the new tower on the mountain side...room 546 (king smoking). Pretty view of the mountains and a nice room. 1st time there so nothing to compare it to.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple