“Worst Check-in!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worst Check-in!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have stayed here four times, and EVERY TIME we have issues at check in! Once they lost our reservation; they won't guaranteed a handicapped room (isn't that against the law?); and we are never able to get rooms next to each other. We book our rooms MONTHS ahead, yet we always have problems. The clerk told us "You have to request that when you make the reservation", but our "requests" go ignored. Also, the food at the Cafe goes downhill every time we eat there, and breakfast there is expensive. Next year we will stay at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Pauline53449
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi, Pauline53449. Thank you for your recent stay, though I am sorry to hear that your arrival needs were not available upon check in. We strive to to ensure your comfort and I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. Would you kindly contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist you further to ensure your many satisfied returns.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have just returned from our overnight stay at the Seneca Allegany Casino. This is a great hotel with many great things going for it and very few opportunities. We booked our stay on the internet and ended up getting a good price with a promo code. We stayed on a Tuesday night into Wednesday so therefore it wasn't as crowded. Check-in was very easy and we stayed in a room on the 10th floor. The rooms are very spacious and tastefully decorated and the bathroom is fantastic!! The bathroom has a walk-in shower, huge vanity area and separate toilet area. The show pressure and temp of the water is great!! We did notice however that the mattresses on the beds are very very firm..... we would have liked a softer mattress. We ate at the buffet which was great (make sure you have a players card for 2.00 off per person) and the staff there very accommodating. The only opportunity I saw there was the fact they only had one type of bread (sort of a wheat roll) and there weren't any other choices accept for the cornbread. We really enjoyed the Idaho mashed potatoes. We walked through the indoor pool area which is nice and off from that is an outside deck with a Jacuzzi. At the right time of day the sun shines right on the Jacuzzi and its fantastic. I used the fitness room which I really enjoyed. It has 2 treadmills, an elliptical, bikes, weight bench, free weights, and a Life Fitness weight system. It is well equipped for a hotel. The only suggestion I have for that was possibly adding some mirrors on one side of the wall for weight training. Finally, we enjoyed the casino however in order to earn 1 point you have to have $170 worth of activity on your card. My friend went up to ask at the desk how to earn points and this is how she found out. One thing I didn't like was that if your a new player you get $10 free slot play, however if you have been to Seneca Niagara and belong there you don't get that. I would think they would appreciate the "return business" so to speak and want to drive the business. Overall though we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would probably stay again and if they had the right promotion we definitely would.

Room Tip: room 1016 has a great view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank prince043
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from two nights at the Seneca Allegany Casino and Hotel. This was our sixth time staying there. The rooms are spotless and big and the hotel staff I have dealt with are very nice. The bathrooms are all tiled and very large. Obviously, I like the casino there alot. I play table games and it is very easy to get a seat or spot anytime. I like going early in the morning to the craps table. I am the only one there and the dealers are great. The restaurants are uneven, sometimes very good and sometimes not so much. Patria, the Italian place, I think suffers from this more than the steak place, The Western Door, which is generally very good. Also, you should choose wisely at the Thunder Mt. Buffet since some of the offerings are great and some just so so. And, yes, some items are a bit pricey, particularly if you go for something other than a house wine. I think if you are used to the rude and fast paced play at Atlantic City (partucularly craps), Seneca will be a welcome change. And if you get tired of gaming, take a ride to Jamestown to see the Lucy museum or Lake Chatauqua

Room Tip: The rooms in the original part of the hotel are larger than in the later addition.
1 Thank freods
We love your FIRST CLASS review, freods! So happy to hear how much you enjoyed our luxuriously well-appointed accommodations and friendly table games. We aim for consistent, world-class service at every opportunity. Would you kindly contact me directly when you start planning lucky trip number 7 so that we are better prepared to dine you next visit?
Cheers!
youngstown,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was beautiful.....bathroom very large with an awesome shower and decorated beautiful....large tv...overlooking the mountains....much more than expected. King size bed very comfortable....lots of light.. Would surely return.

1 Thank Debbie H
Smethport, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I visit the casino approximately once a week..and have also spent the night at the hotel . I think everything is GREAT about the casino and the hotel..except for the fact that I honestly NEVER win anything. I would like to just win enough to be able to stay for a few hours and play! So...my only suggestion would be to maybe loosen up the machines a bit! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kelly F
Middlefield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

my husband and I went up for anniversary one June11,2013 like we do every year..we booked our room in advance and was able to afford a suite instead of a regular room...it was amazing. Beautiful view. Nothing could have made the stay better...but another night!!
Cant wait to go back again. Will hopefully stay in the suites again. The staff was always super friendly from check in all the way to check out!!

1 Thank KRP1997
Sweet feedback, KRP1997! We're thrilled that you enjoyed a weekend in one of our deliciously appointed suites, and even happier to hear that our team delivered super-friendly service. We look forward to your many satisfied returns!
Best wishes,
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel over the weekend and was pleasantly surprise even arriving later in the evening. Was greeted warmly and was taken care fast and quickly. Had received a room in the newest wing of the building that was just built within the past year! This is truely a 4 Diamond hotel like AAA says they are! Ate a quick meal at the Cafe that is open 24 hours a day. It was just a late night snack nothing big and it was satisfying. Played in the casino and its a great casino my only complaint would be that they got rid of the shoes for Blackjack and went to those continuous shuffle machines which gives the house an increase edge! Only normal blackjack table was a $25 table and the ones in the high limit room. They also got a few new table games, Blackjack switch, 4 card poker, and there was one more but I forget what it was. Had the breakfast buffet before we left, and normally I love there buffet. For Breakfast I did not think it was worth it. Very few selections to choice from.

Overall a great trip, did not come home richer, just a little poorer. Still have the best comps around this area for a casino!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, Have stayed in the old and new wings not a bad room in the building!
1 Thank fireyankee24
Great review, fireyankee24! I'm delighted to share your kind words with our dedicated team of service professionals. We most certainly appreciate the opportunity to make your weekend getaway a relaxed and refined experience, with some exciting play as well!
All the best!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
4.5 of 5 stars 37 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!