“Awesome Hotel!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel over the weekend and was pleasantly surprise even arriving later in the evening. Was greeted warmly and was taken care fast and quickly. Had received a room in the newest wing of the building that was just built within the past year! This is truely a 4 Diamond hotel like AAA says they are! Ate a quick meal at the Cafe that is open 24 hours a day. It was just a late night snack nothing big and it was satisfying. Played in the casino and its a great casino my only complaint would be that they got rid of the shoes for Blackjack and went to those continuous shuffle machines which gives the house an increase edge! Only normal blackjack table was a $25 table and the ones in the high limit room. They also got a few new table games, Blackjack switch, 4 card poker, and there was one more but I forget what it was. Had the breakfast buffet before we left, and normally I love there buffet. For Breakfast I did not think it was worth it. Very few selections to choice from.

Overall a great trip, did not come home richer, just a little poorer. Still have the best comps around this area for a casino!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, Have stayed in the old and new wings not a bad room in the building!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fireyankee24
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Great review, fireyankee24! I'm delighted to share your kind words with our dedicated team of service professionals. We most certainly appreciate the opportunity to make your weekend getaway a relaxed and refined experience, with some exciting play as well!
All the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
McMurray, PA USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a terrible time checking- in, I guess partly because of the TravelZoo deal we had for our stay . After spending a considerable amount of time, we finally got to our room which was in the
new addition and was very nice. Worst casino I've ever been in. The no smoking area was very
small and the worst machines. We had dinner at the Patricia Restaurant and it was OK. The
drinks were a very small pour. Had almost as bad a time checking- out as checking-in. Regular
ladies at reservations were very nice, but both the head girls that had to get involved were not
very knowledgeable about the TravelZoo deal. Chalk this one up as a no returner.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one in the new addition.
3 Thank Carolyn027
Hi, Carolyn027. Thank you for your stay and feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for an arrival experience that did not meet your expectations--or ours. It's our goal to make your stay a breeze and I'm sorry to hear that this stay didn't cut it. Would you kindly contact me directly so I may ensure that your next visit is one to rave about?
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The casino is very pretty and the rooms are very nice. The food at both restaurants we ate at was horrible and expensive. I would not have minded the expensive part if the food was good but it was horrible. Paying a lot for bad food and leaving hungry sucks. On the plus side it was easy to get on to a blackjack table and it was easy to get a drink from a waitress. I would go back I just would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Srfootballmom
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi, Srfootballmom, and thank you for your recent stay. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction with all of our gaming, entertainment and restaurant options for years to come and your feedback is appreciated. Would you kindly contact me directly regarding your dining experience?
Kind regards,
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Seneca Allegany Casino and Hotel for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was great, the food we had was also very good. We have bad backs and found we slept like babies in the comfortable beds. Also found it to be very quiet in the room. We found everything to be super clean and well taken care of. My husband asked at checkout if we had stayed in the new tower, and we were surprised to find out we had stayed in the old tower. It looked new. From walking down the hall to our room, to the room itself.

We are not smokers and were concerned about smoking due to some comments read here. However, it didn't really turn out to be much of a problem. I had to move machines a couple of times to escape the smoker beside me.

We also had a lot of fun with their machines. I know it is just dumb luck when you play the slots, but I honestly don't think I have had as much luck with slots as I did on this trip (and we are regular slot players).

The pool area is nice, but it's really only for getting wet. I swim a few times a week, and found it difficult to do in this small pool.

We look forward to visiting this resort again. It's almost 3 hours for us to drive there, but will definitely do again. Next time I'll try the spa.

1 Thank Cherryg
It's always wonderful to hear about great first impressions. Thank you for choosing to spend the evening with us, Cherryg! We're thrilled that you found our rooms to be comfortable, clean and quiet--and our casino to be an exciting place to win! Of course, none it is possible without friendly and helpful team members and I am personally thankful for your sincere recognition.
A spa weekend next trip sounds dreamy.
All the best!
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Read a lot of reviews before going and would like to respond to some of the comments. 1. Staff was as nice and friendly as could be. I find that sometimes my attitude towards people can also affect how they are to me. 2. Spa was first class all the way. I was concerned at what level the atmosphere and level of services would be. The female masseuse was spot on great. The steam and sauna in the l beautiful locker room was fantastic. We received the King and Queen for a day treatments and were very happy, although the queen package did not include a manicure or a pedicure something queens always require. The only negative was a humming sound in the massage room. We were told the power room was located above the room. 3. Smoke, We are non smokers and was concerned about the bad smoke comments. First our stay was Monday to Thursday and i'm sure on the weekend when crowded it may be a different story. But smoke was not a issue, The non smoking room did not smell at all, Outside the elevators and a little in the hallways yes. In the casino area very little, and you can,t control a smoker sitting close to you. 4. Restaurants, The italian restaurant had good food but was just an ok experience. But the steak house was incredible. On a return visit we will eat at the steak restaurant every night. The cafe was nice and good for breakfast or a quick bite. The buffet had a super large selection but the food was just ok. 5. Slots, yes they were tight. But it is expected. I did see several thousand dollar winners. My wife played for three days on a 100.00 and cashed out with 117.00 not bad. I helped finance a new wing for the casino. I read a lot where people lost at gambling but also enjoyed the casino hotel experience. Count me as one, as the overall stay from friendly staff, great spa. fantastic steak restaurant, beautiful rooms, very nice gaming area, we look foreword to a return stay, maybe also for a show, it looks like they have some great acts scheduled. VERY HAPPY

2 Thank 424anthonyc
Another great first impression! 424anthonyc, we're so happy to hear that your stay was a success and we are very much aware that you have choices. We strive to be your anytime getaway destination and we look forward to welcome you back with you soon with genuine smiles from a team dedicated to your comfort.
Cheers!
Syracuse
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently booked a two night stay here. The room itself was lovely and the hotel and casino are beautiful ( if you can ignore the cigarette smoke smell ) . However the beds are like concrete slabs and the pillows are like small rocks. At 1:00 AM, after neither my daughter or I could sleep , I called the front desk. The representaive was very nice, telling me that all of the bedding had been recently replaced in the "new " tower and that she would switch us to an "older " room. No difference, no better. We decided to leave after the first night, and headed to the Wingate in Ellicottville. I am sure that the staff have been instructed not to comment, but none of them seemed shocked or surprised that we were leaving for this reason. The reception desk attendant did concede that the mattresses are all new Beautyrest extra firm. So if you do not like sleeping on a matress that is more floor -like than cloud -like, I would STRONGLY reccomend going elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimmy522
Hi, kimmy522. A good night's sleep is absolutely important to any night away from the comforts of home and I am sorry to hear that our beds weren't comfortable to you. While we did expand recently, all of the beds in each tower were upgraded together to a Simmons Beautyrest II Plush Super Pillowtop.
Individual preferences for bed comfort and support are unique to each of us and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel and we hope that you visit us again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Warm wishes,
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Spacious room, good bathroom. Look at the breakfast and dinner buffet before you decide to eat there. We did not choose the buffet. Other restaraunt fine although there was quite a long wait until our food was served at breakfast. The staff in all areas were friendly and helpful. The only draw back was the very smokey atmosphere in the casino and the shortage of drinks staff. OK for an overnight stop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!