WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Volant, Pennsylvania
“my favorit place to stay with my long time friend sue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

im always treated well and love the slots. I stayed in the new side. ialmost froz .I could not get the heat set right. thed beds are better in the old side.my next visit im hoping to be put in the section next time.the service with the drinks and coffee are wery good. the all out kindness is good. I would recommend it to any bodt.

Room Tip: the food waqs good at all the eaterys
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Niagara Falls, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Decided to check out the casino, being very familiar with the Seneca Niagara sister property.

Despite the beauty of the drive, it did take two hours, and the city of Salamanca in which it's located is no Paris.

The casino seemed dated and stale. The buffet was old and the quality didn't come close to that of Niagara.

Overall, save the drive. If you like Seneca Niagara, stick with it. There is nothing at Seneca Allegany to justify the trip.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kenmore, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The folks at check in where very friendly in my overnight stay. The buffet food was average at best and the gaming was tight. I think they could increase the number of bars and locations throughout the property as only one was found in the casino area and in order to get a drink you had to walk back in forth. The bartender who was working needed to improve her customer service and remember who the customers are. The Seneca Niagara location has 3 or 4 places to enjoy a drink that are located throughout and easy to get to. If I have a choice again I would definitely stay in the Niagara Falls hotel and Casino. Tim Hortons, several restaurants, bars, more to see and do in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you follow my travels you know I love Seneca Niagara, well I really love Seneca Allegany for completely different reasons.Basically located in the middle of nowhere off route 86, everything of interest, Buffalo, Erie, Jmaestown, etc is at least 45 minutes away. This quiet beautiful hotel cpmplex makes it so easy to kick back relax and enjoy your stay. You can really appreciate what the hotel offers. The casino is modern and fun, the LOGO shop is the best (would like to see more logo apparel). Buffet is cool, Seneca Cafe is terrific. Rooms are very nice, front view better. A little business center on property would be great. You really never want to leave. The staff has always been friendly and helpful everytime I go.Another restaurant (BBQ or Mexican) would be great as would more real retail shops. Overall split your trip between Niagarta and Allegany, embrace the differances and marvel at the experience

Room Tip: Face the Highway/Mountain range. Higher floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a quick mini vacation to this hotel/casino. Our room was wonderful. LOVE the huge shower. Everything was very clean which is a big priority for me. Wish there were some vending machines on the floors for drinks. We aren't big gamblers but tried the blackjack and roulette tables. One blackjack dealer were very patient with us. Sorry I didn't get his name because he was very nice. Didn't win any money but all in all had a great time. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Second stop after overnight stay at Seneca Niagra. Did not have enough time to check out entire hotel/casino. Liked everything I seen. Won some cash! Buffet was no where near as good as Seneca Niagra which I found odd. Sliced Top Sirlion flavorless compared to Seneca Niagra. Dessert selection poor. Loved the variety of slots! Need more Hangover games at both casinos. Loved that both had Pepsi products and free alcoholic bevs while playing

• Stayed April 2013
Vestal, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed for business and found the hotel room to be very very nice. The bathroom was great - huge shower and stocked with everything you need (even a magnifying mirror ladies!) Only thing I wasn't sure of was why the exhaust fan didn't work in the bathroom. It looked like a fan was there but I couldn't find which switch turned it on. The room was really nicely decorated - even the carpet was pleasing to the toes (multi-dimensional). The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Morning room service was right on time and tasty. Attended a meeting and the conference facilities were also good. The food was high quality and kept replenished. When we needed more chairs, the Staff was quick to respond. Front desk staff weren't quite as customer-focused or friendly, though. Oh - and the restaurants seemed to close rather early. I guess they want you in the Casino instead of eating :) Overall, though, if you're in the area and need a place to stay - I'd highly recommend this location. Very good value.

Room Tip: Booked a king, but they only had a queen when we checked in - - also heard that some folks had to ge...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marc P, VP of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
So happy to hear you share the news that we also host great meetings and events, smilingtrips! Thank you for the excellent review of the facility. While little touches like night lights and make-up mirrors surprise and delight, our service is top priority and I'm thrilled that our banquets and culinary teams delivered. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our Front Desk left room for improvement, however. Please let me know when your business--or leisure--brings you back to the area and I'll be sure we're ready with the sincere care and service we've come to be known for.
Kind regards,
M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!