“Great hotel with Casino” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great hotel with Casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband is a skiier and I am the gambler! This hotel fits both our needs. We stayed 3 nights in February when the snow was great and the slots were hot! The new room addition is great with spacious, clean rooms and huge glass showers. The staff were very accomodating and we enjoyed dinners and breakfasts at the cafe and steak house. The pool is nice when not with many kids in it! The only negative is the heating system has a hum and the casino is at times too smokey. ( I wish they would pass a law like Canada's Fallsview where smoking is prohibited or get a better smoke filter system!) All in all we would definitely stay again. Comps also help to enjoy the stay even better!

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room and it has been that way every time we stayed.
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Howland,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have been going to Seneca Allegany for a couple of years and we absolutely love it each time we go. My husband and I just returned from a Valentine's get-a-way and I usually take a couple of trips through the year with the girls for a ladies-only weekend. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from our home in Ohio but it is well worth the trip. I visit many casinos from Ohio, W Virginia, Pa and Seneca by far is my favorite. The staff is very friendly, of course you always have a couple that are not nice but I wont let a couple of bad apples apply to the majority. The comps are generous and I always stay for free there. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The Buffet is your run-of-the -mill average buffett but it is free for me so it's great. The Steakhouse is pricey but the food and service is fantastic and we feel that it is worth it . Wine and beer are free for me and my husband. I generally go to the Spa for a facial with Laura and she does a great job. I will admit that the casino is smoky. I have seen many complaints about the smoky smell and it is true. I smoke so I cant complain about that . The payout is about the same as anywhere else, sometimes you hit , sometimes you don't. I am going for the relaxation and the freebies so I take the amount of money that I plan on losing. if you don't gamble , there is not much to else to do , other than the pool and hot tub ( which I have never used) . The surrounding area doesn't offer much either in terms of activities, unless you ski, but again, I am going to gamble and relax. If you want something more , this might not be the spot for you. If you want a beautiful room, friendly staff and great freebies, then I suggest you make the trip to Seneca

Room Tip: I prefer the older rooms over the new rooms. The older rooms have a nice sitting area with a chair a...
1 Thank lauraM1964
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Once again we spent a few days at Seneca Allegany, just as before we were very pleased. Everyone is very friendly, the rooms are clean and quiet. Would go bacl again and again! We also enjoyed the Buffet once again.

Room Tip: We've stayed on 3 different floors (3 visits) and never had a problem with anything, even the m...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredonia, New York
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,564 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having frequented this place since its incetion, I can honestly say it is a great hotel with some fine dining choices. The rooms are of excellent quality and the levators and staff are very efficient. For dining, I recommend Patria as an excellent restaurant. It is far and above its counter-part La Cascata in the falls. Staff is friendly and efficient and prices are an excellent value. Food is top quality and menu is extensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank craig f
Marc P, VP of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi, craig f, and thank you for your great feedback! Sounds like a great evening enjoying award-winning AAA Four Diamond service in this classy town! Tell me, how can we make your next stay all 5's?
Warm regards,
Marc Papaj
Brigden, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for skiing at nearby holiday valley. Rooms were very large and nicely decorated. Huge tiled shower with glass door. Staff that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful right from the moment we arrived. Italian restaurant Patria had excellent food. Pool and spa area have a nice view. Easy self-parking or use the valet which was free! Although it was 10 miles driving to get to the ski hill, we would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark B
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would stay here again! Every staff member was very friendly and the room was large and very clean. We had a blast! We ad dinner two nights in the hotel the food and staff were great! The room was set up well. I liked the casino, wish I had won money, but was able to play for a long time. There were winners in our group of friends..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in the new tower this past weekend. We liked the new larger HD tv vs the older tower but the room temperature control unit in our room on the 10th floor had a mind of it's own. I couldn't read the digits or find any instructions on how to get the settings. Too hot, then too cold, then too much air blowing right to the bed. Couldn't sleep because of it.

Other than that this is an exceptional hotel with amazing customer service and terrific restaurant choices for all tastes and budgets.

Only other complaints is are in the casino. Instead of enlarging the non-smoking area they actually reduced the size of it. I would love to see them experiment by designating at least half the casino floor and all common areas as non-smoking. Smokers are already accustomed to restrictions and non-smokers are not used to sharing 2nd hand smoke with smokers. I feel for the employees. For those of you that sometimes complain about drink service I must have said no thanks to a server at least 30 times this weekend. I've been here a dozen times and never had a complaint about drink service or customer service in general which is outstanding.

Last annoyance is this new initiative to constantly announce jackpot winners over the amount of 1000 bucks. I find found it annoying and unnerving while trying to relax and play. I hope this is just temporary. It's more likely to keep us away than to encourage us to play more.

2 Thank LVPH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!