WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Rochester, New York
“GREAT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This Casino/Hotel is top notch. Rooms are beautiful and clean and quiet. Would recommend it highly. Going back next month again for another long weekend getaway. Not far away and not expensive either. Lots to do there, 3 resturants, casino, pool, spa and a couple of stores. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Lockport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Check-in was later in the day but we arrived early at 10:30 am and were greeted by a friendly staff and actually got a room. The view was spectacular and everything in the hotel, even the elevators, was designed to please the eye.
We tried the Seneca Cafe Express for supper and we were not impressed. I had the special, Pork Roast, and the quality was what you would expect to get at Denny's..... they poured some awful canned gravy over all... Yuk !
The Thunder Mountain Buffet was great the next day and there was plenty of room for all, eventhough the hotel was sold out. The casino was clean and free drinks were available.
We visited Allegany State Park and went to the Kinzua Skywalk ( WOW!) for a great getaway weekend.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Wonderful hotel, well attended rooms. Sheets even smell clean! Casino is big but not too big. Gift shop is reasonable. Bingo nearby, hotel shuttles you there free. Food is fabulous! No tax at this resort. Indian exclusion.

Room Tip: Many newly remodled rooms. But the resort is not that old!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ceveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I read some negative reviews before our visit. I was pleasantly surprised to find all and I mean all the staff to be pleasant.
Amanda, the front desk was excellent in accommodating the check of 3 couples who requested 3 rooms next to each other.
The restaurant we had dinner was the italian restaurant. The service was timely and the food and presentation was unexpected. All six of us had something different and all were impressed.

It all begins with a positive attitude in dealing with people to achieve your goals. If you are pleasant in your requests you will get what you want. If you act like the jerk, expect to be treated like jerk.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Marys, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to Seneca Allegany Casino. They have been building 200 rooms
for months. I get free rooms but I wanted to stay in the new section. .June they advertised the new section opening in October with a fee of 100 dollars with a special discount of 25%.
I thought they were advertising for the new room s and booked it. I waited for almost 5 months
and was excited for the opening. I arrive at the desk and a rude desk clerk checked me in
but informed me I needed to wait a half hour for the inspection. I came back later after losing
60$ I was given a key to room 712 and guess what a old room. A room I waited for 5 months
for, a room I never pay for, a room I took the night off. I guess this is how they plan on paying
for their new rooms by charging for usually comp rooms. I spoke to the rude front desk girl and requested to talk to the rude manager. I was told to read the fine print . My mistake. Money was returned to my credit card and I returned home. I overlooked many things the lack of pay out
the rude workers but this was mean.

4 Thank Terminal4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

IMO this property continues to be excellent as to accommodations, facilities and dining. And now with the addition of 200 new rooms Seneca Allegeny has definitely become THE only place to stay in the Salamanca area. But - we have noticed over the last year a trend toward later and later check-in times. Recently we arrived early (Yes - I know the official check in time is 400PM) but we told no problem - check back at 1230PM (room not available - come back at 130PM (room not available - come back at 230PM (room not available) then at 300PM got checked-in. During our wait we were invited to check-out the new section - really nice but only smoking floors #3 & #5 are open at this time. In talking with staff - it may be that the later check-in times are a result of too few staff to do their room cleaning/turnovers in a timely manner. May be too many rooms for too few staff. We will be again staying at Seneca Allegany in November ... we'll see how that goes. Love Seneca Allegany - hope they are able to resolve their check-in issues soon. FJG

3 Thank SeaFish
White Oak, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING THAT I'M NOT HARD TO PLEASE...... For the first time, I recently went to Seneca Allegany Casino on an overnight bus trip. (This was mainly due to the fact that Seneca Niagara was booked solid for the months of September and October, 2012.) Our bus arrived late due to a mixup in communications but when we arrived, we were told that we couldn't check in until 4:00 PM. (At Seneca Niagara we can get into our rooms when we arrive at 12:30 PM.) I wanted to go swimming, but with such a late check-in, I was not able to do so. I did check out the pool, however, and it is nothing but a small square with one hot tub inside and one outside. (Not nearly as nice as Seneca Niagara.) The rooms were just as nice and immaculate as Seneca Niagara, however, the casino is very small. There are a lot of progressive machines though. While giving you a lot of play, there was never any substantial payouts for anyone. When I went to the buffet for dinner, I was met by the rudest person I ever met. Her name was "Hilary" and it was extremely evident that she didn't like her job. She was impatient and rude with a very sassy attitude. On our bus trip, we were given $50 back for gambling and $20 back for food. At "NO" time did our Bus Greeter, "Elizabeth", tell us that the $20 had to be split between two days. "Hilary" insisted that we were told that even though she wasn't on our bus. She slammed the coupon down in front of me and yelled at me to "Read the Back!" I told her to watch her attitude and she threatened to call Security on me. I told her to go ahead and then asked to see a Manager. The Manager, who was very nice, told me that she would handle "Hilary" and told me not to let one person ruin my dinner or stay at the casino. It was too late for that!!!!! The incident totally put a damper on my meal with my family and friends. I was never even offered a complimentary drink for the grief this woman caused me. I don't need this type of treatment when I go on vacation and "NO ONE" should have to put up with a staff that rude!!!! I also wrote a letter to the Hotel Manager about the incident. Needless to say, we will "NEVER" plan another bus trip there. We will go back to Seneca Niagara where it is "WONDERFUL!" Take my advice - don't waste your time here. Go to Seneca Niagara. It is so much better!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lolo18dqpd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!