“An absolutely terrific Hotel and Casino - Wish it were non-smoking” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Toronto
“An absolutely terrific Hotel and Casino - Wish it were non-smoking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

First visit to this terrific hidden gem of a retreat. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Fantastic room, amazing staff and perfectly designed casino (only comparable is Caesars Windsor).

Only complaint is the smoke. Even on our non-smoking 10th floor you could smell smoke through the ventilation system. Just like Seneca Niagara I don't understand why they don't make the hotel non-smoking and/or increase the size of the non-smoking area in the casino. The math just doesn't support having a smoking hotel - casino these days. Less than 30% of gamblers actually smoke. Interesting supporting rationale; at the cafe during breakfast there were 4 smokers in the smoking area and 65 in non-smoking last Friday morning.

Slots were fun and seemed fair compared to Caesars properties and 5 dollar tables were available on Thursday night and Friday day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LVPH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
JOHNSTOWN, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have not been to this casino hotel in quite awhile but it is still beautiful. We stayed two nights during the week free. Check in was easy and quick as was check out. Nice amenities in the bathroom and the shower is huge. It was a very nice stay and we are planning on going back again in August and taking our daughter since they increased their pool hours, 7 am to 9:45 pm.

The italian restaurant was closed the enitre time we were there. We did the buffet which was good not great. We love the cafe and ate there twice. They don't do take out which is a pain but that is because they want you to order room service. What if I wanted to take something with me? The Bear Claw has very short hours so you can't always grab something there either. The food was very good as usual in the cafe. Didn't make it to the steakhouse this trip.

There is a $10 per night charge for internet which is nuts in this day and age. We paid it with casino points but still. Also, I travel a lot for business and have not seen any upscale hotels who haven't switched to duvets. This hotel still has old fashion bedspreads. They are ok but nothing special.

I wish there was something close by to do but there really is nothing. We may take a trip up to Seneca Niagara one of these days and see how that compares.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HOSKI
mt. pleasant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I have gambled for over 30 years, I have gambled all over the world, Australia, Carribean, Vegas, Tahoe everywhere! NO one treats you better. I pay for NOTHING! Not even the gas to get there! I don't go for the Buffet, I don't go for the pool!. I go to gamble! PERIOD! You have a fair chance to win unlike the super tight slots in the above mention. If you want a good buffet or spa go elsewhere, If you want a CHANCE to win go to SENECA! Vegas is losing many diamond and Seven Stars because they are tighter than my X wife!

Room Tip: Gamble and everything will be comped!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank dcbiava
buffalo, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

For being a 4 star rated hotel, I was not overly impressed. We usually stay at the Seneca Niagara casino/hotel which far exceeds a 4 star property.. this hotel does not compare. The buffet at Niagara is incredible, great, fresh selection of so many items.. this buffet was awful. The food looked like it had been sitting out for hours, there was no pride shown by the workers (not waitresses - they were great) the cooks looked sloppy, the food by no means was freshly prepared, boring desserts, very disappointing. The pool/and outside hot tub is great - except for the groups of people who bring coolers out to the hot tub and pool. Beautiful, quiet rooms.. had a corner suite with nice views. Overall was not overly impressed and will stay at the Seneca Niagara in the future..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank mybuddyBuffalo
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

We usually go to Seneca Allegany Casino/Hotel at least three times a year. It's a great getaway for a weekend. Pay no attention to reviews on here about the casino being "tight"... Aren't ALL casinos "tight"? Someone has a bad gambling experience, or a strike of bad luck, and, all of a sudden, this place is horrible! Take as much as you're willing to lose, and the fun you have while here will make up for your losses.

As for the rooms, absolutely wonderful...clean, well-decorated, and exceptionally comfortable.

As for the dining, the "specialty" restaurants are decent, but we usually stick with the buffet and 24-hour cafe...much more selection, and the food is great!

I always look forward to a nice getaway at Seneca Allegany, and am actually heading there soon for my birthday...with GREAT FRIENDS, CD, CD, SJR, JBM!!! Can't wait!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank mortwiz
cleveland oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Once again had a fabulous stay at Seneca Allegany. This time saw a great show by Kansas. As always the rooms were spotless. Special thanks to host John who saw to it my special needs for this specific trip were met. Though we couldn't use this time, the outdoor hot tub is fantastic. It really is a different experience being outside in a hot tub with a mound of snow right next to you. The facials at the spa are worth the trip alone. Be sure to plan enough time to take advantage of their steam room. Patria has a Sunday special for two, that could easily feed four, for a great price. Be sure to check it out. Best part of the casino is being comped Cosmos at the bar while playing video poker. The casino is fun but all the "extras" offered at the hotel is why we make the 3 hour trip there. Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shoonka
Ravenna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I usually come to Seneca Allegany about every month. I have no problem with arriving early, the Hotel staff Always are ready to give me a room no matter what time I arrive. My drive time to the Casino is about 4 hours. And it is great to get into my room to relax. I always use the pool and the hot tub some time during my stay. I do not have any complaints about THE STAFF at the front, THE STAFF at the pool-spa areas, and I do LOVE the Buffet....YUM YUM. I would also like to give a special "Fantastic" job to the nice lady named Allie at the Buffet. She made my birthday VERY special with her dessert plate she made for me!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!