“Excellent lunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
ithaca, new york
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had lunch here 7/15/2014 - beautiful old building. For appetizers we had broccoli bits and quesadillas (which were cut into small wedges) - both were good. One of us had the chicken salad and I had the soup and 1/2 sandwich - portions were large, onion soup and sandwich delicious. Our waitress said she was new but she did a good job. Definitely will eat here when we are in the area again.

• Visited July 2014

Kitchener
“Not Again !”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had been there once before and said never again, but where asked by friends so agreed to try again. We were seated in the front room, which was very cold and damp. We sat for about 15 minutes until finally a wait staff came and brought us menus and told us the specials. We looked over the menu and then she come back and we ordered. I started and ordered the shrimp, to be told they were out. So I order a sandwich and was very disappointed. The food came and was not impressed. One of us ordered spaghetti and when it came it looked like it was a bowl of mush, out of a can, and tasted the same. No one ever came back to see how our meals were ...they weren't . The sandwichs were terrible, I had the beef, it was fatty and not really hot. my other friend had the hamburger sub...none of us were impressed . We will never go back, and if asked about the place we will be honest. We stay in this area every weekend and its not worth going to. Even the beer was watered down !!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank HotLady45
Salamanca, New York, United States
“If you like eating cold food you didn't order & you waited over an hour for- go here”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Do NOT eat here unless you like waiting over an hour for your food and then you are given the wrong food! We went here last night and we will never go back! Took over half an hour to get my french onion soup and even had to ask for it. The waitress said she thought she was just going to bring it with my dinner. (wrong answer girl!) To be fair the french onion soup was OK, just a very small crock of it and they used croutons (instead of bread) under the cheese- I've never seen that done before. My husband ordered the chicken quesadilla for an appetizer and he got very tiny wedges (I mean VERY tiny) that were barely warm. The waitress made the kitchen make another order of them as she thought it was too small for a $6.00 price tag! (she was right). I ordered the fried shrimp dinner and after waiting over an hour for our food (with no explanation from the server) I was given a measly plate of the worst looking shrimp scampi I've ever seen. The waitress said they don't even have fried shrimp! (yes, it was on the menu) Luckily, my husband offered to eat the shrimp scampi and gave me his hamburger. He ordered a single hamburger and they brought a double. (again no explanation) The burger was good, however. The cocktail sauce they brought with the shrimp scampi was almost pure horseradish tinted a little pink with maybe ketchup? It was horrible. To be fair, the waitress offered to bring another entree of my choice in place of the shrimp scampi, but I didn't want to wait another hour for what could be another wrong order. It was freezing cold in there too and the waitress said she didn't know where the thermostat was to try to warm it up. I wore my winter coat thru the entire meal. If you like to drink and play pool you may like this place. But for food - forget it! We will never ever go back and that is sad to say because there are only a handful of places to eat in this tiny town.

• Visited March 2014
Cheektowaga, New York
“Cute place”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice place with bands in the back room. Menu was small but burgers were good. Servers were friendly and efficient.

Visited October 2013
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Nice Building- Good Food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Ate there several times on vacation. Nice building,very friendly service, and good food. If your going to dine in Salamanca will visiting the casino I recommend this place there is not many others in the town.

• Visited September 2013