“A little pricey but good”

Western Door Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Salamanca
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We ordered the prime rib special and it was very tasty. The waitors were very cordial and very attentive. The price was worth the delicious meal.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband surprised me with a visit to this location when the Niagara Falls Western Door, which we visit often, was booked solid.
The lack of friendly service was apparent immediately. Despite the restaurant being half full when we arrived, the hostess seemed put off by our request for a semi-private table.
After being seated, we waited 10 minutes before being acknowledged by anyone. It really was all downhill from there. At the Niagara Falls location, the service is friendly and attentive. Not so here. After receiving our steaks, no one followed up to see if our food was prepared to our liking. I ordered my steak medium and it was well done. I sat with an empty glass of wine and was never asked if I'd like another. The final straw was when she cleared our entree plates, returned 5 minutes later, and literally tossed the bill on the table as she walked by! No "would you care for dessert?" "Would you like any coffee?" Or even, "how was everything?" While the food was good, I've had much better service at Outback. We would not return to this location.

1  Thank JulieFitz20
Reviewed October 15, 2012

There were 4 in our party and everyone ordered something different. The waiter offered suggestions on what my wife and I would probably like to share because of the big portions. One of the 3 servers were always nearby in case we needed something. Seneca Allegany Casino has certainly outdid themselves by having such a fine restaurant on their premises.

1  Thank rmorris9
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Who knew? In Salamanca, NY, close to ski resorts, state parks, beautiful countryside, that there would be a fine dining restaurant that delivers. Servers are attentive (albeit sometimes overly so), the atmosphere is lovely (big, round booths, soft lighting, old-style clubby atmosphere), and the food is really top notch. It has been consistently well prepared and seasonally imaginative each time we have visited. And unlike some other steakhouses, where nothing arrives on the plate but a large hunk of protein and you are responsible for the a la carte sides, Western Door brings a plate that is well composed , with a balanced presentation. You can order just the salmon with nothing else but a glass of wine if you like, and it will arrive well prepared and presented with a flavorful small portion of a starch and perhaps a green or some sauteed vegetable. And of course the beef and other red meats are over the top. My husband likes the bone in filet. But I always order the salmon. A nIce wine list and generous pours, along with some lovely complimentary chocolates as you leave make this a favorite for a special dinner or an over the top event. You can control the check size by what you order, or go all out. It is pricier than the average good restaurant in the area, but you do get what you pay for here. Definitely worth a visit.

Been to Western Door Steakhouse? Share your experiences!