“Losing quality and value”

Thunder Mountain Buffet
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Salamanca
Cuisines: American
Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
“Losing quality and value”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a buffet and we were there at 4:00 pm. Not a busy time so it may be hard to maintain quality. But over all, this restaurant in the casino is not as good as the last couple of tmes I was there. We had to pass by this location and planned specifically to go here. It was a disappointment.

• Visited May 2013

Vestal, New York
“A bit more heat needed”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

When I eat at a Buffet, I like my hot food to be really really hot - not lukewarm and definitely not cold. Mixed success at this location. Several of the selections that were at the right temperature were very tasty though and the prime rib was really good (chef took the very rare slide and popped it on the grill for a bit - yum!) Our server was very pleasant but the cashier seemed quite disinterested. They close a bit early and are somewhat pricey ($18.95 when we went) but I'm presuming most regulars are comp'd the meal.

Visited April 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently went to the casino in Salamanca. Our server, Sandra,was excellent & kept checking with us to see if we needed anything. the Casino Wings were outstanding. The Beef was a little tough, but VERY generous! Mountain Fruit Pie was outstanding! Chinese wings were excellent as well. Was very impressed with the service! Cornbread was on the buffet last Thursday-04042013, & that is something you don't see very often! Very good! All in All, Good Atmosphere & GREAT Service!

• Visited April 2013
West Seneca, New York
“So-so”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not as big a selection as I had expected. It was the same old buffet food. Nothing to spectacular-mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, prime rib, shrimp, pizza, chicken wings. $17.00 a person was a little too much.

Visited April 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Smokey room, average food.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This buffet has nothing over any other, although our waitress was a sweetheart. The smokey atmosphere takes away from any food quality they might have.
A dirty, obese man was sporting a gun in the back of his waistband, which made me feel a little uneasy.
Count me out. From now on I will drive on by when I'm headed to ski at Holiday Valley. There are plenty of better places to stay in both Salamanca and Ellicottville.

Visited February 2013

Been to Thunder Mountain Buffet? Share your experiences!