Hotel Westgate
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Salamanca
See available hotels
Fox Ridge Townhomes(Ellicottville)
  • Restaurant
Tamarack Club(Ellicottville)
View Hotel
Inn at Holiday Valley(Ellicottville)
Telemark Motel(Ellicottville)
View Hotel
All reviewshot breakfastbed was very comfortableseneca casinowould definitely stay here againcoffee makernext morninggood sizenice hotelmicrowavesinkshuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My S/O and I had reservations for the Seneca Allegheny 7/4/09. We decided to leave on 7/3/09 in the hope someone would cancel their reservation enabling us to have 2 nights at the casino hotel. As expected no cancellations which meant finding a place to stay for the night. We passed the Hotel Westgate on the way to dinner. The property appeared to be well kept, as it is a new hotel. In addition to the appearance the large sign advertising rooms for $89.99 also caught my eye. There weren't many cars in the parking lot so we decided to see if they had rooms and at $89.99 how could we go wrong. Well surprise, surprise when we went to check in they had plenty of rooms available at a completely inflated rate of $179 for one night. It was late and after traveling and sightseeing most of the day we were really tired and not up for a hotel search. I questioned the difference in rates and the desk clerk informed me the $89.99 rate was only in effect during the week and after all it is a holiday weekend. I then asked why the sign was out front and of course there was no explanation. I also asked about a continental breakfast and he assurred me there was one from 7a-10a. We then went to our room on the second floor. It was clean. The sheets were fresh and white but the bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. S/O echoed my thoughts. The space between the wall and the bed on either side was minimal at best making it a bit difficult to get from the bed to the BR until you had yourself oriented to the surroundings. The curtains did not keep out the lights or sun in the am due to huge gaps on each end and the middle. There is a sink, fridge, and 2 serving coffee maker in the corner of the room. The HDTV was fine but truthfully most hotels now have these available so not really out of the ordinary.
The best feature of the room was a front and center view for the fireworks. They were great. Whoever planned them should be commended.
Getting back to our stay, next am S/O went downstairs for a muffin and coffee. All he was able to locate was the coffee pot. No clerk or attendent available. Same thing happened at check out no one in sight.
We travel often so figured we may pay a higher price for a hotel room based on lack of reservation and a holiday weekend so our complaint isn't related to the cost. The biggest disappointment was the false advertising. The sign should have been taken down. We probably would've ended up here anyway but at least not under false pretenses. The other issue I have yet to mention, the clerk told us they do not accept AAA or AARP discount.. I asked why and was told the hotel is privately owned not a chain and the owners have the right to choose whether or not they will honor a discount.
In conclusion the rooms are at best average. A few things do require tweaking, the curtains, and of course new mattresses.
Would I recommend this accomodation to others? Sorry, no can do. The misleading advertising and not accepting AAA or AARP are my deciding factors.
My suggestion anyone considering this hotel check out the website www.thehotelwestgate.com you will see that although they advertise certain amenities you must reserve that particular room to experience them. Rates are not listed on the website either. It is described by the owners as a "boutique" hotel, I've been to so called boutique hotels, my impression and definition is very different from theirs.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple