“Scenic Park”

Allegany State Park
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Salamanca
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest state park in New York that offers hiking trails and camping.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The $7 fee was well worth the experience. We toured the park and covered most of the main roadways. We also made it to the Thundering Rocks location which is a the top of one of the ridges.

The park is beautiful and well kept. I think for this reason those using the park respect the park and the wildlife that resides in the park. There are many camping areas, as well as RV locations and rental cabins.

I will definitely be back.

All reviews
"short hike"
"year round"
"ride bikes"

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Beautiful park with great views, and lots of outdoor experiences. Camping cabins and tent camping are near all the outdoor activities.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

One of the most beautiful places in western New York. We camp with our family every year here. The prices are good, the park is gorgeous, and there is always a ton of things to do!
This year we did paddle boats, the bear caves, thunder rocks, bike rides, the hootenanny, and much more. Great for everyone in the family.

1  Thank CatrinaU
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been going there since I was a little kid. There is so much to do, so much to see, and so much beauty everywhere. There are cabins that you can rent for a very reasonable price. There are General Stores where you can get Ice Cream too! I love it here!

2  Thank Kat B
See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Allegany is a beautiful park. My kids love going there to hike, hang out at the beach, ride the bike path or just hang out by the campfire. However, if you are considering vacationing there, beware of mice in the cabins. We have stayed on the Beehunter Trail in 3 different cabins over the past 2 years and every cabin has had mice. Last year, my husband caught 8 of them in the last 4 days we were there. They run around like they own the place.....up and down the stove, around the frig and even right over my daughter when she was lying in bed. They mostly come out at night and this year they even visited our campfire!!! If you are planning on camping there, bring plenty of mouse traps and plastic storage containers to keep your food in.

3  Thank DianeS254