“We has a great time”

Crystal Grove Diamond Mine & Campground
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This Diamond Mine & Campground is now under new ownership & management, as of February, 2017! We offer camping, including primitive tent sites, other sites (tenting, trailers, RVs) with electric and water, a dump station and showers. Mining for Herkimer Diamond Quartz Crystals is also available at our location. Come try your luck!
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband, four kids and myself we camping here over the weekend and it was great. The camp sites are very private and not right on top of each other like most campsites are. The kids had a great time digging and found tons of diamonds and nice rocks. The owners are very friendly and, since we had never been digging before, gave us a lot of advice. The restrooms/ shower areas are very clean and taken care of. They also have a little store to buy things, such as jewelry, which was very reasonably priced. My family and I had a great time and will definitely be going back next year.

3  Thank Jessbonicave

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I have been returning to the mine yearly now for 5 years. My children are now 14, 12 and 8. We love this place more each time we are there. Evan and Cecily are both extremely nice and very helpful. The camp and all amenities are always clean. The mine is always digable.
It is hardwork but rewarding nonetheless. Going back again this year in August expecting to find the big ones!

2  Thank Vincent M
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have visited the other two mines previously, but liked this one a lot. It was small and not busy. The owner was not friendly or helpful at all until we paid our money, then she warmed up and answered our questions. The camp sites and cabins looked nice even though we did not stay there. We found lots of "diamonds".

3  Thank Sent2tell
Reviewed July 23, 2012

just holes in the ground. The campsite has little in the way of am
enities

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My hubby and I were just there this past Mon-Wed. ( July 16th-18th) short trip I know, but this is our first time digging for Herkimers. The campsites themselves were big, had more than enough room to park our auto, tent, the picnic table, fire ring etc.. We found the owners very kind and Evan was pretty darn funny! He told us what to look for and where some nice ones were just taken out not too long ago. We went where he told us and found some beautiful ones! It's alot of work but so well worth it. The bathrooms were nice and clean, same with the showers. The hot water from the showers felt pretty darn good after a day of pounding rocks.. lol Each time we needed ice, firewood or anything we were promptly greeted and taken care of right away. When the wife ( I'm sorry forgot your name!) she was very nice and took care of us with no problems... even though she only had use of one hand, her other one was broke and in a cast. I hope you heal quickly!! We had such a great time and loved meeting a group of women, all sisters. We are planning a second trip sometime in the Fall. I can't wait and at least then I won't have a big black boot from recent surgery to deal with!!! Oh one more thing their prices in their gift shop were VERY reasonable. I bought a glass "tube" to fill with some of the small ones for a necklace, it was only $3 ... the last day on our way home we stopped at Herkimer Diamond Mine and their prices were outrageous!!! the same tube was $8. yes EIGHT. They are making a killing I'm sure and I don't see the need for such prices. Anyway we'll be back to Crystal Grove! Thank You for taking such good care of us! Lon & Theresa

6  Thank Theresa B